Daily Workout Advise..... pls

Options
Hi All,

This is my third time losing 100+ lbs over about 10 years...
I'm over 40 and would like to see an ab of some kind , as you know with rapid weight-loss comes the horrid tire of shame.....
And after 6 months of excessive cardio, someone finally has finally clued me into strength training....

I wanted to post my workout as ask if there is anything you would ad... or any advise

Squats
Standing rotations
Woodchoppers
Push-ups
Leg raises
Bicep Curls
Stomach crunches
Shoulder press
Various Planks
Shoulder shrugs

I do the same workout every day and am excited about early results, no cash for a personal trainer.....

Thanks for reading/advise

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If you're doing that same workout every day, you're most likely not allowing an adequate recovery period for your muscles. Muscles don't grow in the gym, they grow while they're resting and repairing themselves. What you're doing is a full-body workout - you'd most likely see better results cutting it back to 3 days a week and maybe cycling the intensity as well (lighter/heavier days, different rep patterns, etc.). Weight training is a very good thing, but there is definitely "too much of a good thing". Also make sure your protein intake is adequate - the two most prevalent recommendations I see are 1g/pound of lean body mass (you need to have an idea of your bodyfat percentage to figure this one), or 1g/lb of total weight. I don't think you'd go wrong with either one.