seizures?

Options
2»

Replies

• delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    My mom has epilepsy. PLEASE go to the doctor ASAP and get yourself checked out. Stay away from WebMD and sites like that...they will drive you absolutely crazy! Make sure you're eating enough, and relax until you can get yourself checked out!
    You're not considered epileptic until you have more than one seizure.
  • rubiales
    rubiales Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your seizures; they can stir a lot of fear. You're doing the right thing to see a doctor. He or she might refer you to a neurologist, and they'll probably want to run some tests (an EEG, probably). Don't be afraid. I have epilepsy and haven't had a seizure for years, but I take my medication daily, without fail. Not sure about a diet connection. Alcohol is never good for people who suffer from a seizure disorder, but I don't have any experience with weight loss and seizures. Hang in there. Maybe some anti-stress techniques would help, too.
  • Stephanie191991
    Options
    I was told I had epilepsy (Grand-mal seizures) at the age of 15 I was trying to lose weight not the healthy way (I only ate one meal a day) I've had 3 seizures and now I am on meds that control it now I eat 2 to 3 meals a day Just found out that I am now having small seizures almost everyday how they found out that I had epilepsy was Cat scan Mri and an EEG and my parents are the ones that saw seizure explained what they saw thats how they found out they were Grand-mal