Cheat day less than BMR...

Options
Ive got a question.... if you go over your target for a day mine is curerntly 1500... but my BMR is 2000.

If a cheat day doesnt exceed my BMR is that ok? basically at the weekend both days were over...but still under my BMR. i also burnt 800 calories on each day.

Is that ok? my weekends are my biggest hurdle :(

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    you lose weight if calories in are less than calories out. Your BMR is only part of calories out, so if you went over by 5 or 10% you would still have eaten less than you used.

Part of the "cheat day" idea is often to eat more than you use for that one day anyway, in order to stick to the regime better overall. Studies have shown that dieting 2 days a week is as effective as dieting 7 days a week if the calorie reduction is the same.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    You should not be eating under you BMR. That is the number that reflects the MINIMUM number of calories your body needs to be in a coma. Are you sure you don't mean your TDEE?
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Ahh yes sorry. i think yyour right! my BMR is 1500... my TDEE is about 2000.... i got mixed up!

my diary is visible if you dare to see how bad my weekend was :S
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Ahh yes sorry. i think yyour right! my BMR is 1500... my TDEE is about 2000.... i got mixed up!

my diary is visible if you dare to see how bad my weekend was :S

I hoped so! Sounds like you're on the right track. I'm not into diary peeking, per se. As long as your don't go over your TDEE, that's maintainence calories. Try looking at the weekly totals, you'll probably be surprised to see you're not going over at all.
  • Buksh12
    Options
    Ace! thanks :D i had a check at the weekend from my friend who is a fitness trainer. normally i dont get his approval but this time i have! so thats good encouragement. my problem is food... always has been.

my BMI is 25.5 my body fat is 20% and my muscle is 40% i shall keep at it and see how it goes! :D

thanks for your help! :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    If you eat your tdee for 1 day thats maintenence (most find the calculations under estimated. Over the week your still losing. You,d have to eat about 3500 cals over to gain a lb
  • Buksh12
    Options
    If you eat your tdee for 1 day thats maintenence (most find the calculations under estimated. Over the week your still losing. You,d have to eat about 3500 cals over to gain a lb

Before i started this website i was eating around 3000-4000 easily! :S woops.