Zumba Anyone?

Options
Hey Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone else out there loves Zumba dance classes as much as I do. I was wondering if it was more of a world wide thing or just something in my little town. I love to dance and to be able to dance and workout in the same is even better. Just wondering though if anyone else out there takes it as well?
Dance Lover
Sierra

Replies

• sierrasummer
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    Just wondering if anyone else out there loves Zumba dance classes as much as I do. I was wondering if it was more of a world wide thing or just something in my little town. I love to dance and to be able to dance and workout in the same is even better. Just wondering though if anyone else out there takes it as well?
    Dance Lover
    Sierra
  • carolynfay
    Options
    They just started Zumba classes at our local YMCA, but I have not tried it yet. It sounded pretty cool.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    They offer it at my gym, but I have not made it there for a class yet. It is on my list to try. Tell me, is it hard to catch on to??
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    They Zumba at my gym. I tried it a few times, but I can't get my heart rate up enough. I think it is because the classes are so packed that I can't really MOVE the way I want to. Plus, I am not very wiggly. Athletic, yes. Wiggly, no.:laugh:
  • sierrasummer
    Options
    I have noticed that they can be a little packed, I can see how that would be a problem. Luckily my instucter goes all the way through with the dances and no brakes. Its a little ruff but worth it. The dances itself are like any other kind of thing, it just takes practice. I still find myself getting lost as well with the steps.
  • amylousgar
    Options
    I love it. The problem is that the classes are so packed sometimes that they aren't as much fun. I do one Zumba class a week and then do step the rest of the time. I don't think it's as good of a workout as step, but it keeps my routine fresh.
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Our teacher was stopping between each routine, too, the first few weeks. She was trying to make sure everyone caught on. I heard that she has stopped doing that now, so maybe it is more of a workout now. I have friends who love it, but I am such a cardio junkie that I would rather do spinning or step and really sweat. It is nice to have an array of options, though.
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    I thought Zumba were the baggy pants wieght lifters and athletes wore back in the 80's
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My sister is a Zumba instructor in SC. She is really good and her classes are always packed. Too bad I cant go to her classes, I live in TX. She came to visit and we checked out a class here and my sister said that her classes are tougher than this guy's classes. I have not gone back and not tried other instructors. The routines vary per instructor and of course you modify it to suit your needs and level of fitness. If you are in the Paris Island, Beaufort, Bluffton, SC area check out my sister's class, Ivette Dixon.