Dealing with left over pizza

Options
13»

Replies

• HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    At 700 calories for "one" slice of "cheese only" Costco Size Pizza, I don't think that's the best option ... just sayin'
  • indigochilds
    indigochilds Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @mcarter99 - unfortunately in nyc..the costco's are in remote areas. But the next time bf and I want pizza. We will do it in that method.
    You live in NYC and you're considering going to Costo for pizza?? NO.

whoops.. I mean my local pizzeria.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    What is this leftover pizza you speak of? Leftover pizza is my favorite breakfast, unfortunately (or fortunately) I have two boys in my house who finish it off long before then....
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    What is this leftover pizza you speak of? Leftover pizza is my favorite breakfast, unfortunately (or fortunately) I have two boys in my house who finish it off long before then....

Haha! This reminds me of the advice to put left over red wine in ice cube trays. Left over red wine? Does. Not. Compute
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    Same thing happens to me on Sunday afternoons! As a matter of fact, that's what happened yesterday, haha. We used to order larges... now we only get smalls and we can't even finish the whole thing! I had 4 pieces, which are about the same as 2 large pieces, and I'm looking forward to 2 more for lunch and for my hubby to have 2 more for lunch and then, lo and behold, the pizza will be gone!

So, only order one small pizza for two. Less pizza to deal with. ;) Skip the soda, and made the rest at home. We had red lettuce salad and homemade lemonade (and vanilla ice cream & beer floats later, haha! It was Sunday, I splurge on Sundays).
  • b14a3w3
    b14a3w3 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feed it to the birds. They love it broken up in little pieces and you won't be wasting.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    At 700 calories for "one" slice of "cheese only" Costco Size Pizza, I don't think that's the best option ... just sayin'

I would assume that's their version of a slice, which is actually 2 slices. 350/slice is pretty similar to other (non-light) pizzeria options. Not having the other 3/4 of the pizza around is the goal.

But, yeah, in NYC there are lots of great slices so forget Costco!
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Freeze the individual slices for lunches.
  • DieselGrrl
    DieselGrrl Posts: 55
    Options
    I work at a truck dealership and the majority of my co-workers male. I always pawn my left overs (pizza, krispy kreme, cakes or bread that my grandmother bakes) on the guys at work. This way, I can still enjoy some of those foods on a "cheat" day and won't have to deal with eating it or the guilt associated with throwing it away. :) Plus, the guys at work love me for it.