Craving carbs

Options
2»

Replies

• tmshank18
    tmshank18 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Usually, I would say to just eat your craving as long as it fits into your calorie requirements. However, given the info you gave, I'l also add that carbs - specifically breads and refined grains - you almost need to detox yourself from! For me, anyway, I find that if I go for a few weeks and really limit those, that I quit craving them, but if I take a day and overeat that stuff, my cravings come back, so it is like crack to me!

Also, since you are vegetarian, it is more difficult for you to meet your protein requirements without blowing your carb intake since your protein sources are likely to have a pretty high level of carbohydrates as well, so keep an eye on your protein if you don't already.

To detox from carbs do you cut them out completely or slowly ween yourself from them?
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body is craving it because it needs it? I would indulge in some healthy carbs, or start making them part of your daily diet....

I truly believe a person needs a balanced diet...not a diet that completely cuts something out. Yes - 'fad diets' do work--while you're on them. But up a lot of dieters end up heavier after than when they started out. The most likely reason for the rebound is that as soon as dieters stop following a strict set of rules (no eating after 7 P.M., no snacking between meals, no carbs, etc…), they lapse into the same habits that made them gain weight in the first place.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    carbs suck.
    eat fibre and fats.

smelling a yummy candle helps me when i'm craving something sweet, but it might not help you!
    cold turkey all the way.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body is craving it because it needs it? I would indulge in some healthy carbs, or start making them part of your daily diet....

I truly believe a person needs a balanced diet...not a diet that completely cuts something out. Yes - 'fad diets' do work--while you're on them. But up a lot of dieters end up heavier after than when they started out. The most likely reason for the rebound is that as soon as dieters stop following a strict set of rules (no eating after 7 P.M., no snacking between meals, no carbs, etc…), they lapse into the same habits that made them gain weight in the first place.

^This^
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options

To detox from carbs do you cut them out completely or slowly ween yourself from them?

I was actually being a little bit sarcastic about the wording, as carbs are not toxic or even bad for you. Carbs are in most everything we eat in some amount, so you aren't going to cut them out completely. My main point was referring to refined grains and sugars and limiting those because it seems like the more you eat, the more you want. However, I don't restrict myself from eating anything - I had a bite of birthday cake at lunch. I just try not to go overboard and like I said, it seems like when I notice that I am craving them, it is after I have been eating them a lot.