Healthy Granola Bar Recipe

Options
vitty1
vitty1 Posts: 58 Member
Anyone have any good recipes for Granola Bars?

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I make Apple Pie Granola Bars that are really tasty and not too bad calorie-wise. I was told I could make a fortune selling them cause they are so yummy :laugh:

2 cups quick oats 600 cal.
    7 oz./210 ml evaporated milk 280 cal.
    1 cup chopped dried apples 220 cal.
    1/2 cup raisins 240 cal.
    1/2 cup butterscotch chips 560 cal.

Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with aluminum foil. Grease foil or spray with baking spray to prevent sticking. Mix all ingredients really well, the oats have to be moistened. Spread mixture in pan and flatten with a spatula (grease spatula as well to minimize sticking). Bake for about 20-25 min until the edges are lightly browned and center is set. Let cool for about 5 min and cut with pizza cutter in squares. Let cool completely before taking the squares apart. I wrap them in foil and keep them in the pantry.

Total calories: 1900
    When cut into 16 pieces, calories per piece: 120

ENJOY! :drinker:

P.S. You can modify the recipe to your liking. Keep the oats and the evaporated milk and add about 2 cups of anything you like (nuts, seeds, dried fruit, chocolate chips etc.). I made tropical (dried pineapple, shredded coconut, dark chocolate chips) and apricot-almond-chocolate-bars before. All tasted good and at least I know what goes in there.
  • mistyislosingit
    mistyislosingit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • velsbree
    velsbree Posts: 69
    Options
    bump sounds good
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I may try this myself
  • Carolyn1012
    Carolyn1012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. I have been looking for a homemade high fiber bar. Any ideas what to add to increase the fiber? Maybe take out the butterscotch chips and add all bran? Or sub all bran for half the oatmeal.

Thank you so much for posting this!
  • ohtender
    ohtender Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You could add ground flax seed to increase fiber!