Trouble with week 4 (C25K)

Options
2»

Replies

• harpere87
    harpere87 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I too am on Week 4 - the last 5 minute is definitely hard! As long as I don't switch to walking or stop altogether I find it good. I would definitely get fitted for shoes. Also, make sure when you stretch you are doing dynamic stretches not static http://www.runnersworld.com/stretching/a-dynamic-routine
    And I know lots of people who have to repeat weeks until they're satisfied with how they've completed it. I'm not there yet, but this week or next might be it!!
  • Switch119
    Switch119 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey all,

I have recently started the C25K and i got stuck on week 4. I did it all the way through the first time, but barely, and the next two times I tried I had to stop multiple times. This frustrated me so I went back to week 3 and have been finishing that. I want to push on but I feel like im going to keep having trouble here. Any advice? I see some people have said that slowing your pace may be a good idea, which may be my problem b/c i feel like i start pretty quick and then die off. Appreciate any tips. Thx!!
  • twopeas2
    twopeas2 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I have recently started the C25K and i got stuck on week 4. I did it all the way through the first time, but barely, and the next two times I tried I had to stop multiple times. This frustrated me so I went back to week 3 and have been finishing that. I want to push on but I feel like im going to keep having trouble here. Any advice? I see some people have said that slowing your pace may be a good idea, which may be my problem b/c i feel like i start pretty quick and then die off. Appreciate any tips. Thx!!

Push on if you're not injured. Run slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly and you'll be fine. It's designed to build you up and it's hard, but totally doable. Good luck!

ps I started c25k in January and can now run up to 12km without stopping (except for stopping to grab a drink). It's been amazing and I have gone from never running in my entire life to being a total convert :)
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 4 for the second time. Those 5 min jogs are a killer. I'm nervous to move on to week 5, but I know I need to move forward, to push myself. I can run about 4 mins without stopping, that last minute I struggle.

That being said, I signed up for a 5k this weekend. It's just a fun run, but my goal is to finish. To push myself and feel accomplished. I'm not going to be worried if I can't jog the full 5 min interval.

Good luck!