Apple & Cinnamon Oatmeal

Options
KourtneyLee
KourtneyLee Posts: 45 Member
Made this breakfast this morning - so fast and easy, and fills you up until your next meal! Yum! Less sugar than pre-packaged oatmeal, and only 315 calories! Carbs and protein keep me full of energy after a run and all the way through lunchtime.

Apple & Cinnamon Oatmeal Ingredients:
1/2 cup quick oats (I use Meijer Naturals)
1 cup Silk Light Vanilla Soy Milk
1 tbsp light brown sugar (could also sub Truvia for a natural sweet without the calories!)
1/4-1 tsp ground cinnamon (some like less, I like a little more!)
1 small green Granny Smith apple - chopped into bite-size pieces

Directions:
Mix 1/2 c oats with 1 c soy milk. Microwave on high for 2 mins. Stir. Microwave on high for 30 sec. Stir (mixture should look a little "soupy" but it will thicken upon standing). Mix in brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped apple. Stir together, let cool a little, and enjoy!

Food Facts:
Calories - 315
Carbs - 60g
Fat - 5g
Protein - 11g
Sugar - 17g

Again, you could always sub the sugar with Truvia, but I find that the light brown sugar goes well with cinnamon flavor. You could also sub in different berries and things for a different taste. I like this recipe because 1 - I made it up and 2 - it's simple, and fills me up. I do not like feeling very hungry for lunch, and they say breakfast should be your largest and most filling me so that you're not ravenous and ready to go to the drive-thru by lunch. For me, this recipe hits all the check marks I want it to - it gets the job done, and tastes great, too!