30 Day Shred

Options
13»

Replies

• amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I just started it last week, but am fitting it in every other day. I'm not letting up on my other workouts, so just adding to my routine. I know I won't see the results as fast, but it's a great boost, plus it is a start for strength for me. Good luck!

That is awesome! I think its great that she uses our own body as a weight to strength train. Good job and good luck to you as well :)

You need hand weights, too, for the 30DS

This work out she uses weights. Burn Fat Boost Metabolism uses your own body weight and no additional weight.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I just started it last week, but am fitting it in every other day. I'm not letting up on my other workouts, so just adding to my routine. I know I won't see the results as fast, but it's a great boost, plus it is a start for strength for me. Good luck!

That is awesome! I think its great that she uses our own body as a weight to strength train. Good job and good luck to you as well :)

You need hand weights, too, for the 30DS

I own tiny weights lol 2.5 wish I had 5 pounds but I do what I can with what I have :-)

I use a 3 pound weight for some of the weight exercises because I can't sustain much heavier and she's all about repetition :)
  • jezzi16
    jezzi16 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get up at 5:30 now and get to bed around 11.. I'm so not getting up earlier. I need my rest and others can too without having to feel guilty and still be succesfull at it.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 8 of Level 1 today and so far I've been able to do it 4 x per week (I also do Zumba twice and lift weights 2-3 times). I need to take Sunday completely off and on Saturdays I go to Zumba. I do think that I am seeing a difference in my overall body shape and have dropped a little weight too.
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd chime in as none of the guys have. I did the shred for 30days straight I found I needed to work more to drop weight AND inches but the Shred defintiely changed my body shape. I would do 60 minutes of cardio along with the shred. I broke it down in beofre and after sessions. I would do 30 minutes of HIIT cardio and then the shred. I would add on 10 minutes of extra ab exercises and 10 minutes of upper body work with light dumb bells. I would then do another 30 minutes of cardio still HIIT but not as hard as the first session.

I saw great results and am about to do another 30days of this. If you work hard and really go all out, you'll see great results.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday, so I'm not speaking from experience. I'm planning to do the DVD 5 days a week, resting on Fridays and Saturdays. I've found in the past that this is my most successful workout pattern. That way, I have a couple of days for my body to recover. But if it's not Friday or Saturday, I have to find the time to fit in my workout - no excuses. If I didn't have this kind of structure, I might not have the discipline to stick with it. It means that it will take me 6 weeks to finish the whole course.

I'm a working mom as well with a 3 yr old and 5 month old. The whole reason I was drawn to this workout is that it's only 20 minutes. I'm up at 5:30 after still waking in the night, and I get home around 5pm. I'm planning to get my workout in soon after I get home, before dinner. That way I can have the rest of the evening to spend with my girls and doing whatever chores that inevitably have to be done. If this plan won't work, I'll do it after the baby goes to bed around 7:30.
  • Kryssaxo
    Kryssaxo Posts: 54
    Options
    I did it and wasn't a huge fan. I found that my time on the elliptical for 20-30 mins showed the most results but that's just how it worked out for me. I did however notice a difference with my arms, but other than that, there was little change.
  • Lornajune
    Lornajune Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's good to do this 30 day shred anytime but for me I decided to get closer to my goal weight, b/c it seems like it is more for toning up not really to lose the stubborn tummy fat. I really like doing aerobic type work outs but less intense. I do the Leslie Sansone walk workouts, you can do 1 mile to 5 mile's depending on the intensity you want or are ready for. It is basically a general aerobics workout b/c you are using all the muscle's in the body throughout the videos, love them and you can find full length videos on you tube. I also cannot do jumping jacks without my stomach flopping around to be blunt lol and it just hurts! Good Luck! You are doing so great!!
  • imannalouise
    Options
    Hi!
    Today will be day 21 for me. I did it for 10 days at a time then took a 1-2 day rest. But I also coupled level 2 (and now level 3) with running almost every day (20 minutes/2 miles) and yoga once to twice a week. I wanted to make sure I was getting a full body workout, even though JM does a good job of working out different muscle groups.

My results have been losing an inch after each level. So when I finished level 1 I had lost an inch all around and the same for finishing level 2. But I don't really think this is a "weight loss" DVD. It is definitely a good starting point for anyone who wants to gain muscle and tone, but as for weight loss you definitely need to supplement it with a GOOD DIET and other workouts. Hope this helped!
  • Nicoledem
    Nicoledem Posts: 26
    Options
    I was thinking about restarting the 30 Day shred. The first itme I tried, I wasen't successful, I quit after day 9, but loved the way I felt afterwards. Can't remember why I stoped. But I am determined to start and finishing it this time. I'll be starting tonight as well.
  • mali240
    mali240 Posts: 126
    Options
    i did it for 30 days straight.... coz well for me one day rest turns into 3 weeks... it does a little harder to do on the level 2 for ten days straight, but IMO totally worth it.. just push through the pain, i kept reminding myself its only 20 mins and i bear the pain for 20

What kind of results did you see after the 30 days if you don't mind my asking?

i dont have picturees but i lost nearly 10 lbs, and a ton of inchs (roughly 8 inches all over) and two dress sizes that month (to be fair. it was the first time i started working out, counting calories etc after the baby..)
  • dreamsofescaping
    dreamsofescaping Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    i did it for 30 days straight.... coz well for me one day rest turns into 3 weeks... it does a little harder to do on the level 2 for ten days straight, but IMO totally worth it.. just push through the pain, i kept reminding myself its only 20 mins and i bear the pain for 20

What kind of results did you see after the 30 days if you don't mind my asking?

i dont have picturees but i lost nearly 10 lbs, and a ton of inchs (roughly 8 inches all over) and two dress sizes that month (to be fair. it was the first time i started working out, counting calories etc after the baby..)

WOW that is awesome good for you! I hope I get similar results :)
  • dreamsofescaping
    dreamsofescaping Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I took some advice from this thread and did my usual work out but also did the 30 ds :) Thank you everyone for your input :) I truly appreciated it.