Replies

• sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and a size 12 around 185 lbs.
  • marymickaela
    marymickaela Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 150 lbs. Right now I'm at a size 12, but many of my jeans/pants are extremely loose. I also have broad shoulders so don't know how far I can drop size wise on the top. My goal is 130's so it will be interesting to see if I can drop into a 10, which I would be very happy. My high was a size 16 at 195lbs.
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I am 5'4"- 5'5" and I weigh 168 and fit into a size 12.

ETA- I have a big booty!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    When I was a 12 I weighed 160. I'm 5'2.
  • amiscci
    amiscci Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and I am very pear-y. When I was 152-153 I was wearing a size 12.

I'm 5'7", and about 150-160 is a size 12 for me. I'm also majorly pear shaped.

This. It depends on the cut and how you carry the weight though. I just picked up a pair of BDU pants in a size 14. I tried the 12 but they did that weird pulling thing across the tummy/crotch.

I'm a 12 when I'm in the 148 - 155 range. Anything above that is questionable.
    I'm a 10 when I'm 138, because I carry it in my hips and thighs.

If you're an apple and carry weight on the top half, you might be a smaller pant size at the same weight as someone who's a pear.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    5'8" at my highest weight 190-200 pounds I was a size 12/14.
  • Nikkei24
    Nikkei24 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5 wiegh 179lbs and am a size. hope it gives you an idea.
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    I am 5'2'', I weight 174, and I am a size 12!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right. I'm 5'5" and hover in the 170-173 range and am pretty solidly a US size 12. Of course, some brands/stores range differently, but that's the size I always start with and generally tend to fit.

I'm also 170ish and a size 12 jeans, but I am 5'9.5. Just goes to show that it depends on body type. I happen to have large hips and bum, so that is different than if you are straight up and down.
  • KechiaG
    KechiaG Posts: 55
    Options
    The more muscular you are, the smaller size you are at a particular weight. Muscle is denser than fat.

You can have two women who are the same dress size, but one of them weighs 30lb more than the other. And the one who weighs 30lb more would be healthier and look better, because muscle makes women look fit and toned, it also means stronger bones.

I'm personally aiming to be as heavy as I can at a goal dress size, rather than any particular weight. When it comes to bones and muscles, heavier = healthier. When it comes to body fat of course heavier = more of it = not so healthy. You have to balance out the two things. I'm aiming for stronger, heavier bones and muscles and body fat at the low end of the healthy range. I'm expecting my weight to be in the heavy end of BMI by the time I get there, but I'm less bothered about weight, more bothered about being strong, fit and having a low (but still in the healthy range) body fat percentage.

^^^ This is a great outlook to have about size vs. weight!
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    It depends on your body. My perfect weight is 135 and I'm 5"2. That is a size 4 for me. I have a friend my height who weighs 105. I'm a DD and she is an A cup. My shoe size is 8 1/2 and hers is 5. Body types make a big difference.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 145 pounds and I fit in some size 12 pants and depending on brand, a size 10.
  • Carolyn1012
    Carolyn1012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am currently a size 20, borderline 18, my goal dress size is to be a size 12, or below, however I don't know what range I have to be in interms of weight? Can anyone help?

I always heard, and it's true for me, that each dress size is roughly 10 pounds. If you want to be a size 12 and are currently a 20 you need to lose roughly 40lbs. It's just a rule of thumb, it might be a little more or less depending on how your body sheds weight. Hope this helps!
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 150 pounds and currently wearing a size 6-8.

When I was a size 12, I weighed 170-180...oh, and I am evenly proportioned.

Hope that helps. :smile:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I am currently a size 20, borderline 18, my goal dress size is to be a size 12, or below, however I don't know what range I have to be in interms of weight? Can anyone help?

UK or US?
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and hover in the 170-173 range and am pretty solidly a US size 12. Of course, some brands/stores range differently, but that's the size I always start with and generally tend to fit.

Me too! Depending on the day I can squeeze into a 10, and fit in some 11's but generally I'm a 12.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

I always heard, and it's true for me, that each dress size is roughly 10 pounds. If you want to be a size 12 and are currently a 20 you need to lose roughly 40lbs. It's just a rule of thumb, it might be a little more or less depending on how your body sheds weight. Hope this helps!

Again, this depends on your height, as well as body comp...
  • sent4rmabove
    Options
    I heard it's 10-12 lbs per size so between 80-96 lbs approximately to go from size 20 to 12? Then again I don't how accurate this is.
  • Anu_mee13
    Anu_mee13 Posts: 73
    Options
    I think it kinda depends on your height, and the way your body is shaped. I'm still mid 200's, and I can wear some 12's. I think if it weren't for my thighs I could probably squeeze into a lot of 12's. Too, it may depend on where you're getting your clothes from because a lot of stores cut differently.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I wore a size 12 (occasionally a 10) when I was at 190 lbs. I am a 6, sometimes a 4, at 148 lbs.