Challenge Yourself to Do Better

Options
Anyone up for a challenge? It can be anything to help improve your fitness lifestyle. Challenge yourself to do better and replace bad habits with good ones. My challenge this week is to go from 11 planks @ 30 seconds each to 15 planks @ 30 seconds each. I also want to go back to my full 60 mins on the treadmill 6 days a week & my regular 30 min strength training workouts 3 times a week. I will have only have fish & chicken for dinner and dinner will be finished by 7:00 pm. This week is all about discipline and recreating the habits I've slowly let slide the past few weeks. Who's with me? C'mon, let's get this party started! Check back in at leat every other day to report your progress & help motivate the others.

Replies

• MrsSnelly
    MrsSnelly Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like that you want people to check in every other day - maybe I can get back into a routine of logging in daily! This sounds like a great challenge to me, as I've recently set a goal for myself anyway. I've had to take a couple weeks off for health reasons, but am anxious to get back into working out. So here's my goal: running Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday; strength training Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Sunday is a day off, but I still walk to church (just up the street) and try to go on a leisurely family walk as well.
    As far as food goes, my goal is to plan meals and snacks better so I'm not so tempted to pick up the easy stuff at the grocery store. Snacks are a real downfall as a mom of little ones! More fruit and vegetables for snacks, as well as cottage cheese and yogurt for protein/dairy. Now to go make my menu and shopping list! :smile:
  • LeannSz
    LeannSz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm with you I will try to check back in with progress.
    25- wall push ups daily ( I know its a little but all I can do at one time lol maybe i'll try for twice a day lets see)
    30mins- walking or cardio daily
    30mins and strength 2-3 times a week

I'm menstrating so try to not be too hard on me lol.
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Awesome goals, both of you. Repoer back in once you've completed your daily goals. Best of luck. Go get 'em!
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Day 1: Goals met
    Increased from 11 to 12 planks today
    20 minutes on treadmill
    60 minutes walking on track
    35 minutes strength training
    Chicken for dinner & will be served at 6:00
    YAY!