Does your significant other think your crazy for using MFP?

Options

Replies

• jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Support...? Haha....I get much more on here than i do at home..
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't understand completely what all the calorie counting is about. He goes to the gyn six days a week for two hours each day. The gym is more of a stress reliever for him, but he very supportive of me. He's seen me go from 260 when we met to 314 when I was really sick, then down to 185, and then up to 210 and now down to 201. He listens to me talk about calories and how certain things are good or bad, and when I decided to give up soda, fast food and any thing processed, he is right there with me. He even commented on how much better he feels without all the junk.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    He thinks I've gotten a little 'obsessed' and yea he thinks its odd there is an online community supporting eachother towards their goals, but he's super supportive of what I'm trying to do. I try to not talk about calories at every meal and stuff, so for me the site itself is a way for me to keep track without having to talk about it to him all the time, until the time comes he wants to jump on the fit train as well!
  • natalianogueira
    natalianogueira Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I talked so much about it that he's now using MFP as well! :laugh:
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I do not get support at home, that is why I am here. I have a lot of friends and we post about weight loss, fitness as well as life in general. My husband believes this is "just another social network" and I am here more for the socializing than the health benefits. I do appreciate the support and encouragement I get here, it keeps me going! :bigsmile:
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    He says he's proud of me, my progress, and commitment to the program. :smile:
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • shelllea
    shelllea Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes! My husband rolls his eyes at it all the time! Just because he started working in a heat treatment plant and has sweat off almost thirty pounds without even trying doesn't mean everybody can.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    his or her eyes when you talk about how many calories something has

This. And I roll my eyes when he talks about doing 10 push-ups every day, like he's been planning for the past 3 years.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My hubby "listens" (his eyes get a kind of glazed over look to them though) to the best of his ability. (sigh*)
  • ColleenAtherton
    ColleenAtherton Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    My husband thinks MFP is great and is very supportive of me using it.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    My SO scoffed at it until he joined and realized just how much he was eating. He is nowhere near as cautious as I am about his food, but at least he tried to understand.
  • jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Nope - I am pretty sure he thinks I need it.. :laugh:
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My husband is supportive of me making sure I exercise whenever I can. He encourages me to go to the gym when I get out of work in the afternoons. He says he likes that I try to make good food decisions because it shows how motivated I am to meet my goals. Though sometimes I feel like I talk about MFP a little too much, like to the point where I'll say something about it and he'll kind of just smile and nod along with what I'm saying. I don't really talk about MFP too much with him anymore. I just kind of keep this to myself.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Shes gets mad that I go for 3 hours every Sat and Sunday AM to go exercise. (mt. biking and hiking/running) And that I go work out from 4-5:30 in the evening. She thinks I'm not spending enough time with the kids or her. I tell her that if I didn't do this, I'd be right back up to 230lbs. Is that what you want?
  • lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My hubby "listens" (his eyes get a kind of glazed over look to them though) to the best of his ability. (sigh*)

This exactly is my husband.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    MFP is my hidden secret :huh:
  • jeannine71
    jeannine71 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes! My fiancee has been teasing me from the start. But he rarely works out, eats like crap and drinks beer everyday! He tends to be a bit of cynic about most things anyway. I finally decided that I need to do what's right for me and let him do what he wants to. He can roll his eyes all he wants, but I know I feel a lot better when I'm being healthy. It's my body after all. It's taken awhile and it helps to have support from other people around you. I hope you don't let someone else get you discouraged!
  • jeannine71
    jeannine71 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    his or her eyes when you talk about how many calories something has

This. And I roll my eyes when he talks about doing 10 push-ups every day, like he's been planning for the past 3 years.

haha, I hear ya!!
  • ekking69
    ekking69 Posts: 44
    Options
    Nope! Mine's on here too, although I'm more dedicated with logging on and he's not really "using" MFP (community, friends, support, etc). He's just tracking. Sort of.