New to the Site and need assistance.

Options
I am new to the website and need assistance. I have been trying to lose weight for the majority of my life and have been unsuccessful. I can usually lose up to 10lbs however, after I lose that amount of weight I find it difficult to lose anymore. Can someone give me suggestions on what I am doing incorrectly. Also, I am looking for friends so we can keep each other motivated. Thanks in advance for your help! :happy:

Replies

• pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Well the first thing I will tell you is...weight loss is just a struggle period! We all go through the ups and downs...thank God for MFP and the support we give each other. Second, I would really have to know what your eating routine is in order to give pointers. I can tell you what works for me, but we are not the same so there is only so much you can take away from that. Thirdly, feel free to add me as a friend I love new MFP friends we all have something to bring to the table. And lastly, you should either make your food diary completely public or at least viewable by your friends so we can see it and offer advice. Hope this helps and welcome to MFP! :-)
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome aboard! Tell us about yourself...how much weight are you trying to lose? It may be that your body doesn't think it needs to lose more than 10 lbs. What methods have you been trying to lose weight? Some work better than others.

There are a whole lot of supportive people here. I think you'll find plenty of good friends and good advice!
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Honestly, who cares about what you DID. Lets talk about what you are DOING!

Make sure to set up MFP properly, giving yourself a moderate weight loss goal of 1 pound a week, manually setting your protein intake to between 20 and 30%, and adding in DAILY exercise. The daily exercise can vary greatly from simple walks around the neighborhood, to early morning hour long jogs and more.

Remember to log EVERYTHING you eat and ALL your exercise, keeping as accurate accounts of portion sizes as possible. Fudging here can mean the difference between weight loss and weight gain.
  • suttercm
    suttercm Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Ditto and well, ditto!

Tell us more about what you have going on.
  • WilmaK20
    WilmaK20 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good morning all,

I am new to the site and look forward to GREAT success (as I didn't have much with any others). I am presently at work and I am wondering since I didn't pack anything from home, are there any lunch suggestions on the site or from members?
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    This probably won't help you now, since it was a couple of hours ago that you posted, but when I forget to pack a lunch, or just don't feel like eating what I have available, I just plug what I want to eat into the nutritional calculator, same as if I were logging it in my diary. There's a whole range of nutritional info in there!

*Edited to add that there's also a recipe forum on here, but I don't use it all that much, so I can't say how good the recipes are for sure.