Insanity

Options
I have been seriously looking at this workout program for a long time. It looks intense, but I can handle intense. I need something that's going to make me be accountable for the progress I'm making.

I feel like this is going to be one of those work outs that, it's only what you put into it ..( I guess that's every work out really)... But I'm a little nervous that I won't be able to make as many changes as I'd like because I am a bit bigger than most people are that are starting it.

Has anyone ever done this? And would you recommend it?
My roommate and I are planning on starting this life changing program next week.

Any advise would be helpful :)

Replies

• sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started it almost 2 weeks ago. I am not a small girl- about 197. My hubby is around 230. It's been tough but we love it! It makes you sweat in places you didn't realize you could sweat (ankles!). Just go at your own pace. Modify as needed. I suck at push ups so I started with "girlie" push ups and am now trying to do real ones. I cannot go as fast as the people on there. I still have made progress, though. I've lost almost 2 inches from my waist in 10 days! My weight hasn't gone down but my body is slimming down. I know a lot of people don't see a change on the scale until around month 2. I say go for it! You will love/hate Shaun T!
  • Jwooten28
    Jwooten28 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started it 2days ago and love it!! Very intense, but I feel so accomplished when I am done!! I say go for it!!
  • insanitymum
    Options
    Just go at your own pace and try your best that's enough to see results I love insanity it's a killer but sooooooo amazing when you see the changes :) x
  • Mallyycatt
    Mallyycatt Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    @sarahrobin
    Wow that's awesome!! :)

I'm happy to hear that you and your husband do it together.. that's why i need a buddy..because my roommate is my bestfriend and she'll continue to push me when i have those moments when I want to give up.

Thank you so much for your advise and comment!!

Jwooten28
    Thank you for the motivation! You can do it girl! :)

and @insanitymum,
    Thank you very much. that's what i'm looking forward to, is seeing results. I've had a friend come out of the service and do this workout and he said now that when he goes to physical training, it's not the same and he's just on a different level than most of the guys there. It would be my dream to be in the best shape of my life like that! :)
  • pookeyism
    pookeyism Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I will start with you, we can set a date and I can make my hubby do it too. I already have the set!
  • pookeyism
    pookeyism Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started it almost 2 weeks ago. I am not a small girl- about 197. My hubby is around 230. It's been tough but we love it! It makes you sweat in places you didn't realize you could sweat (ankles!). Just go at your own pace. Modify as needed. I suck at push ups so I started with "girlie" push ups and am now trying to do real ones. I cannot go as fast as the people on there. I still have made progress, though. I've lost almost 2 inches from my waist in 10 days! My weight hasn't gone down but my body is slimming down. I know a lot of people don't see a change on the scale until around month 2. I say go for it! You will love/hate Shaun T!

Yes, it is totally possible to lose weight and not inches - and not just water.
  • sblake204
    sblake204 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I actually have the Insanity workout and it's crazy at the results you'll get. I've been having a hard time following the diet, but i've noticed in the last 2 months that i've been doing it, my body has transformed. I haven't really lost weight (b/c of the diet part), but i've been able to firm up what i have. I will continue to do the DVD's for the next 60 days, but this time incorporate weight training and a leaner diet.
    if you need motivation at anytime, i'm here!! i definitely know that it looks tough, and it is, but you can do it and hopefully will do it!!!

Good Luck!!!
  • Mallyycatt
    Mallyycatt Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I actually have the Insanity workout and it's crazy at the results you'll get. I've been having a hard time following the diet, but i've noticed in the last 2 months that i've been doing it, my body has transformed. I haven't really lost weight (b/c of the diet part), but i've been able to firm up what i have. I will continue to do the DVD's for the next 60 days, but this time incorporate weight training and a leaner diet.
    if you need motivation at anytime, i'm here!! i definitely know that it looks tough, and it is, but you can do it and hopefully will do it!!!

Good Luck!!!

Thank you very much!! :) I am going to have to find the diet.. because of my other health issues, that's something that i'm going to go see a doctor for and get help with that before I start on that diet.. but I will for sure keep in touch with you (if that's okay) :)

And rock on girl!
  • loridianehood
    Options
    good for you two!!! No need to keep up, just keep moving :)
  • olsonjoshm
    Options
    Its a great workout. I agree with everyone dont push yourself too far but dont take it too easy either. You will be swearing at the TV by the time you are done I always do
  • kmorris246
    kmorris246 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Definitely do it! Regardless of anyone's size, you're going to see results. Just stick to the program, and the nutrition guide if you can. Modify and take breaks when you need it. The first couple days you will wonder what in the heck you got yourself into, but at the end of the 60 days, you'll be so happy you did it!
  • kenh14
    kenh14 Posts: 19
    Options
    I love love the program! Once you start it you will too! It is definitely an accomplishment! I finished it about 2 weeks ago and decided to start a 2nd round this week. I lost about 13 pound and I am def more toned all throughout. It is tough, but if you do what you can using the right form you'll still get results. Also, like others have said the diet is a big part of it. I didn't realize it the first 2 weeks, but once I started changing how I ate the weight started coming off. Good luck with you decision!