Biggest Problem: Grazing!!!

Options
One of my biggest issues is "grazing" outside of mealtimes. I try to plan my meals in advance, but end up constantly snacking in between - a handful of nuts here, a few carrots and dip there. I try to log this as accurately as possible, but it really throws off my day and makes me SO frustrated! I know a big part of this is lapses in my willpower. I might just walk into the kitchen for a glass of water, but come out with a handful of granola too. I don't want to have to go to extremes such as locking my cabinets or putting "DO NOT TOUCH" sticky notes everywhere, but don't know how else to stop myself. Anyone else a current or former grazer? What helps you keep constant snacking under control?

Just a note, I am a notorious "bored" eater, and am not greatly restricting my diet (about 1500cal/day as I try to whittle away at my last 5 or so pounds) so I know my snacking doesn't stem from nutritional need, just the urge to eat to keep myself occupied!

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I'm a current and purposeful grazer...

I actually eat less throughout the day by grazing.
  • queenbeeq
    queenbeeq Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    This is my lifeeee... Hardest thing I had to change, actually. I have MFP diary set up for Breakfast, 10:30am Snack, Lunch, 2:30pm Snack, Supper, Evening Snack. I just try to busy myself, if I'm not at work, and I drink a lotttt of water to fill up what is "mentally hungry" :) Try going for a walk, reading, or taking a bubble bath whenever you feel that boredom hunger strike again!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    break up your meals into 10 mini meals if that's what you'd rather do then. 150 cals each.
    150 cals times 10 times a day is 1500.
  • selzam2
    selzam2 Posts: 34
    Options
    break up your meals into 10 mini meals if that's what you'd rather do then. 150 cals each.
    150 cals times 10 times a day is 1500.

I might give this a try.. thanks!
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    At least you're grazing on healthy stuff like carrots and nuts.

How much is this putting you over in your calories and is it adversely effecting your macros?