Help for a New (Mostly) Vegetarian

Options
2»

Replies

• cllovesdw4eva
    Options
    I was ready to join you as a vegetarian then u mentioned your smoker and pulled pork and I totally lost focus.
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump, some great websites on here!
  • jenwalton
    jenwalton Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good for you for making the big leap! I can honestly say going vegetarian was the best thing I have ever done for my health.

Your comment about your friends asking you what you're going to eat as a vegetarian brings up a rather sore spot with me... I hate it when nosy, albeit well-meaning, coworkers or friends say things like: "That can't be good for you - how are you going to get protein?".

I track my nutrition on this very website, and I can see that through my well-rounded, whole foods (most of the time) diet, I get more than enough protein, even without meat or dairy!

When they push enough, I have to hold my sarcastic tongue: What I WANT to say is: "All the protein from your cheeseburgers, fried chicken, pepperoni and bologna is doing wonders for your complexion."

But I don't say it. Because I have manners.

: )
  • missmigraine
    Options
    I am a "sort of" vegetarian. If you love the barbecue - veggie patch veggie burgers are the best in my humble opinion. I really miss the real beef burger but my stomach can't tolerate them. These are the best of all the veggie burgers I have tried. Also, throw some veggies on the grill with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. YUM!
  • jenwalton
    jenwalton Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am a "sort of" vegetarian. If you love the barbecue - veggie patch veggie burgers are the best in my humble opinion. I really miss the real beef burger but my stomach can't tolerate them. These are the best of all the veggie burgers I have tried. Also, throw some veggies on the grill with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. YUM!

I will have to try those! I have purchased the Veggie Patch falafels in the past, which were really good.

Hands down - my favorite veggie burger is Amy's Quarter Pound Burgers. OMG! They are delicious. They are 210 calories, though, which, while still way less than meat, is twice the amount of calories in most other frozen commercial veggie burgers.
  • missmigraine
    Options

I will have to try those! I have purchased the Veggie Patch falafels in the past, which were really good.

Hands down - my favorite veggie burger is Amy's Quarter Pound Burgers. OMG! They are delicious. They are 210 calories, though, which, while still way less than meat, is twice the amount of calories in most other frozen commercial veggie burgers.

Maybe I'll have to try the Amy's :) Thanks Jen!
  • herwatercolorsweat
    Options
    Where I'm from, there's these great chickpea and lentil soups that come in jars, but i haven't seen them anywhere else so they must be local...
    But try finding recipes with beans like that. Delicious and a great source of protein!