Are you addicted to myfitnesspal?

Options

Replies

• KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I admit it, I'm hopelessly addicted. I'm on summer break and I go back to work in 2 weeks and I'm not going to know what to do. is that what withdrawal feels like:sad:
  • angeeishere
    angeeishere Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm so addicted, I'm in denial. In fact, I check this site more than Facebook. HELP ME!!!

Ditto
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah... I'm pushing it on my real life friends now, too... I've got it bad!!
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    No.
    Yes?
    Maybe
    Stop judging me!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Any day now, my husband will toss my phone out the window. Lol
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    Its a lot better, and definitely heather, than the drama and judgement filled world of the big blue F
  • CharliesAngel1
    CharliesAngel1 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm on here more than any other social networking site. Totally LOVE it! :-) Always happy to have more friends! Like another gal said, it's a healthy addiction. Haha!
  • kalyn_QT
    kalyn_QT Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    yup definitely addicted. i rarely log off. lol.if this had a chat feature...i dont think my parents or friends would ever see me..lol.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    That's just silly!

*refresh page. refresh page. My Home. My Profile. refresh. Inbox. Friends list. Message Boards. refresh page. refresh page.*

^^^ YES!!! lol
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm not addicted to logging, in fact I should do it more often (i.e. consistently!!)

I am addicted to reading these forums, which is 10% trying to help and 90% people watching, there is so much entertainment on here, and it's nice too seeing such a diversity of views and most of the people here are nice and even most of the ones that get accused of being not so nice are usually trying to be helpful but are a little lacking in tact.
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I would describe myself as a high functioning mfpoholic
  • omgiacobbi
    omgiacobbi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm on here at least 3 times a day, either from my computer or from my phone. I like to get on first thing in the morning and log any calories I forgot to log the day before, and check the popular forum posts, as well as respond to any challenges or topics I have going on in the groups I'm in.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Very addicted. Have always been addicted to health and fitness.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I'm not addicted to MFP, I'm addicted to my awesome friends. If they were somewhere else I'd be there instead.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I'm on here all the time. All. The. Time. :ohwell:
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I would describe myself as a high functioning mfpoholic

LOL.
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I check on here at least 5 times a day. And on days that I am avoiding work, I troll the forums most of the day.

That would be me! I always take Sundays off, just to prove I can "quit whenever I want," haha. ;)
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I am considering being the guinea pig for the MFPthadone studies............
  • cheerocracy
    cheerocracy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure i need an intervention. no, seriously!
    okay, so signs of addiction are:

- Extreme mood changes – happy, sad, excited, anxious, --> more happy since using mfp
    - Change in sleeping patterns --> sleep a lot better since using mfp
    - Changes in energy –> much more energetic since using mfp
    - Weight loss or weight gain --> pretty obvious
    - Secretiveness --> I check mfp at least 10x a day, sometimes when in public i'm embarrassed of how many times I check it/ am on it
    - Lying --> I lie about how much i check it, its more like 15x a day
    - Changes in social groups, new and unusual friends ---> mfp community is awesome!
    - Drug paraphernalia such as unusual pipes, cigarette papers, small weighing scales, etc --> UM food or body weight scales anyone??!?!

LOL, since i've deleted my fb, mft has become my new social network / email. I love reading the forums! I've learned soo much. I get "withdrawal" symptoms and really annoyed when i can't log my food beforehand to know how many calories/nutrition something has. lol
  • ImSoPerfectlyFlawed
    ImSoPerfectlyFlawed Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I AM NOT ADDICTED you just don't understand, I just like the way it makes me feel......I can quit anytime I want. *sniff* wipes nose with sleeve, *runs finger over gums*

Lmao Emily