Very Disappointed With Myself...

Options
I finally got back within ten lbs of my weight when I played football in college. I was feeling great. Then we decided to put our house on the market. This meant cleaning out closets, painting and finishing touch-ups around my house. Due to working my job and then working on my home, I was not in the gym for three weeks. That is not the worst of it. Instead of making meals and cooking healthy I found myself getting fast food every night and many times in the day as well. I am very disappointed that I gained 15 lbs in the past three weeks. The struggle continues, but I am contemplating even starting a diet again, I might just quit trying to lose weight all together...

Replies

• ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Don't quit! What happened is in the past but you can start fresh today. You're worth it! Don't even waste time beating yourself up!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    So let's say you quit

Are you going to be less disappointed with yourself?

Probably not.

So, you get your butt in gear, and start over.

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." - Jim Rohn-
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    Don't quit! But honestly, fast food will do that to you. So help yourself out! Instead of giving up--i wouldn't say dieting--but your lifestyle change, give up the fast food! And although 15 lbs seems like a lot, you can work it back off if you try! Don't give up and feel miserable. Keep going, and feel better!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You did it once - you can do it again! Some times life gets in the way, but now you can jump right back on track otherwise like others said you will likely be even more disappointed in yourself.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    15 lb in 3 weeks? That is unlikely. I'd bet a good portion of that is water weight.

Even so, if you did manage to gain that much that quickly, the problem was in your eating and not in avoiding the gym. You would have to theoretically eat 2500 calories MORE than you expended every day during that time. That's probably like 5000+ calories a day for a guy your size.

Don't give up, eat normally for a few days, and re-weight. I bet you didn't gain nearly that much.
  • Laurie1267
    Laurie1267 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Think of your motivators - the three kids. Set the example for them (if you can't do it for yourself right now) that Dad CAN persevere! I have faith in you that you can and will do this.

Best wishes for continued good health!
  • _tjejen_
    _tjejen_ Posts: 38
    Options
    ^^ what they said!!

Besides half of its probably water from all the salt in the junkfood. .. It might just fall off :)
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    PLEASE don't give up!! Keep away from the fast food and get back to exercising. In no time, you will get that extra 15lbs off and you will be happy for yourself.
  • GeorgiaTina
    Options
    You can do it, we all yo yo at some point.