Yummy quick breakfast!

Options
Chrissymmartin
Chrissymmartin Posts: 22 Member
So this morning I decided I wanted something different for breakfast. So i came up with quick and easy breakfast that literally took me 5 minutes.

first the ingredients:
100% Liquid Egg Whites
1/8 c Shredded Cheese (Fat free to make it even better!)
1 Light Thomas' English Muffin

2012-07-30_11-44-18_501.jpg

I used the little tupperware container pictured above the get the shape of the muffin. I filled it about halfway with egg whites, added the shredded cheeses with a dash of salt and pepper and mixed it up with a fork. Put that in the microwave for about 1 min 30 seconds, let it sit, then another 2 minutes. Toasted the muffin, and continued to microwave the egg white until the liquid had all become puffy egg. Then I took it out of the container and popped it on the muffin, with a little bit of ketchup.

2012-07-30_11-41-59_429.jpg

It was sooo good, and myfitnesspal says just 225 calories, 6g of fat and 18g of protein! For those of you watching carbs, it does have 32g of carbs, but 8g of fiber as well. You can change it to a different bread/muffin, but I love thomas's light muffin! And the best part; it was so filling! I ate it about 3 hours ago and I'm still quite full and not even thinking about lunch yet!

Happy cooking!

Replies

• glenn1barber
    Options
    sounds good, how many egg whites do you use:smokin:
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love having this for dinner with spinach cooked into the egg and a slice of tomato on top! Lots of protein!
  • o2bADyer
    o2bADyer Posts: 208
    Options
    I love having this for dinner with spinach cooked into the egg and a slice of tomato on top! Lots of protein!

I do a two-egg omelet with spinach many nights...add tomato, cilantro, onion salt, pepper! Healthy, low-cal, quick meal after the gym.
  • Chrissymmartin
    Chrissymmartin Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The carton of egg whites I used says 3tbsp is the equivalent of the egg whites from 1 large egg. I kind of guessed that I had 6tbsp, because that container I used is 1 cup, and I filled it a little under half way which is about 6-7 tbsp. So I'd guess about the amount of egg whites in 2 eggs.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I make those all the time! If you want to make sure the don't get rubbery, I stir the eggs every 30 seconds and cook without the cheese. Add a low sodium slice of ham and a low cal cheese and you have an awesome variation!
  • Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Going to have to try this!
  • sr823204
    sr823204 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good!! I'll have to try it soon!!