Hiiii Everybody :)

Options
Hi everybody,

I am Kayla. A 22 year old university student/waitress! I recently stumbled upon this website after a whole lot of research. I went to my doctor the other day, and found out the news. I am classified as obese, now as being in denial this was a huge shock to me. I knew after crying in my car that I had to do something about the way I felt about my image and health. My doctor suggested I look into the gastric bypass surgery. ME!! I never in my 22 years of life would have thought I would have been suggested for this surgery! So I need a change, I need to have weight loss and I want to take control of my life again.
Today is a fresh start, its Monday and beautiful outside.
I am doing the slim fast diet, as I do not eat throughout the day and I needed to find something that worked well with my lifestyle.
I wanted to buy a gym pass, but I just don’t have the time.. Gym hours SUCK! I bought turbo jam, some weights and an exercise ball, as well as some other goodies to help me achieve my goal!
My current weight is extremely embarrassing.
SW: 279.5lbs
CW: 275lbs
MGW: 200lbs
GW: 185lbs

I love to plan, I am a list person… I have all my goals written down.
I go back to school in September, and I want people to notice the change!

If anyone’s in a similar situation as I am, or just wants a supportive buddy!!
I’m here..

Kai

Replies

• SavitaD
    SavitaD Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 21 year old university student and also going back to school in September, I'm about 1/3 of the way to my GW and I log in everyday. I've actually been overweight my whole life but after starting university I was also classified as obese (all that cafeteria food), so I know how you feel! I would be happy to help keep you motivated! good luck on your weight loss :)
  • MollieErin
    MollieErin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI Kai,

Feel free to add me for support. I am a graduate student. I gained about 80 pounds during the time I lost my mom to cancer. I started MFP a short while ago and find it so helpful to keep track of what I am eating. Best of luck…you can do this girl!

Mollie
  • THINk_kkaybbyx0
    Options
    Feel free to add me =) I'm look for a great network of supporters and I'm more than willing to hang out encouragement =)