Excessive bruising?

Options
2»

Replies

• litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm pale and have always bruised fairly easily, but since I started my weight loss journey last summer, I seem to always have bruises on my legs that take forever to heal. I eat lots of fruits and veggies, I take a daily multi-vitamin and B12 (I do have a B12 deficiency) but I've had blood tests that show that my iron and everything else is totally fine.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I had this problem when on the pill, it was one of a number of nasty side effects I had and I'm not allowed to be on the pill or other hormonal contraceptives because of it. It went back to normal when I came off it and not had it since. Just thought I'd mention it in case it's related, e.g. if you've recently gone on the pill or changed which one you're on or something.

I agree re getting it checked out by a doctor. And ensuring you're getting a healthy balanced diet generally helps, some vitamin deficiencies can cause you to bruise easily, scurvy springs to mind but I think there are others (scurvy is rare you have to be extremely deficient in vitamin C to get it, mild vitamin C deficiency doesn't cause you to bruise easily as far as I know)
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I have anemia (low iron). I bruise very easily and get tired pretty quick. I take the slow absorb iron when I feel it getting worse. If I take the iron too many days in a row I get cramps. I always get the same advice: take an iron supplement, eat dark leafy green vegetables, and drink orange juice with your meal. The vitamin C helps absorb the iron. Good luck! If your symptoms continue, you should probably see a doctor.

And folic acid!
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Go see your doctor. It's not really worth the risk just in case it's something serious.