Protein shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    Check out Trutein, http://truscience.com/trutein.html I think it's the best around and you get what you pay for. It's a buck a day, cheeper then coffee!
    Peace! :flowerforyou:
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I use 100% Pure Whey Protien (found at walmart) Vanilla Cream flavor, it has 25g of protein and it is really good without the funky aftertaste! It works great for me and for a big jar of it, it is only $20.00! I love it!
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I use Cookies and Creme protein powder by Herbalife everyday. Its only 90 calories and its GREAT!!! The taste is so creamy and I add different kinds of frozen fruit with it. Very Yum!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have to do Vegan Protein(whey/dairy/casein allergies) shakes and even tho it's expensive the Shakeology is high quality and all the vegan shakes are expensive anyway. I am a beachbody coach and I pay 25% less for my shakes so it helps and is totally worth it, not to mention the shake-o is tasty!! Best tasting stuff out there!
  • Dragon101
    Dragon101 Posts: 18
    Options
    Call me crazy, but I've been drinking Shakeology for a year and I wouldn't drink any other shake. It's not a joke. It does what they say it does. It's helps with weightloss, cuts back on cravings, increases your energy and I no longer have to take a multi vitamin. I know it's expensive, but if you break it down, it's less than $4 per day. If you eat out one meal a day or if you buy 1 Starbucks per day, you're spending more.
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I love the Body Fortress at Wal Mart,never tried the vanilla. The price is awesome,too!
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have to ask, does anyone have any negative thoughts about Body by Vi shakes other than the price? I am not signed up so I'm not trying to get anyone to buy(had to get that out first). A good friend gifted me 2months(4bags) and I love them. I really like the taste(I mix with unsweetened almond milk because I have lactose issues). If I decide to continue using them,I plan to just purchase it from amazon as I don't ever want to be selling it, etc.(not sure how all that works, if you have to or not.

Anyway, I have been using them for 6 weeks now and love them and havent noticed any negative things about them. Obviously my choice has to be made by me but I was wonderng if there were reasons other than cost that people didn't care for the shakes? Anything I should do more research on? I have a ways to go on my journey.

Thanks
  • ctdeanks
    ctdeanks Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    EAS is great, I also like BSN Syntha 6, cheapest place to buy online is vitaglo.com
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I have to ask, does anyone have any negative thoughts about Body by Vi shakes other than the price? I am not signed up so I'm not trying to get anyone to buy(had to get that out first). A good friend gifted me 2months(4bags) and I love them. I really like the taste(I mix with unsweetened almond milk because I have lactose issues). If I decide to continue using them,I plan to just purchase it from amazon as I don't ever want to be selling it, etc.(not sure how all that works, if you have to or not.

Anyway, I have been using them for 6 weeks now and love them and havent noticed any negative things about them. Obviously my choice has to be made by me but I was wonderng if there were reasons other than cost that people didn't care for the shakes? Anything I should do more research on? I have a ways to go on my journey.

Thanks

It's just another gimmick product marketing a simple item as an over-glorified weight loss product. It's overpriced for what it does.. you can easily get the same thing for $20. If you find that it's worth it though, then enjoy. :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert but I've heard from a few of my muscle-y manfriends that whey is the way to go. So I use a cheapo brand I get from Walmart called Body Fortress Whey. The strawberry flavored is quite tasty...I can actually mix it with water only and it's good! I think it's under $20!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I love the Body Fortress at Wal Mart,never tried the vanilla. The price is awesome,too!

LOL me too!!! It's affordable and tasty! :drinker:
  • Dragon101
    Dragon101 Posts: 18
    Options

Thanks

I know there is a lot of negative feedback about Body by Vi and Shakeology. People are going to think what they want to think. I've been drinking Shakelology and this shake does everything Beachbody says it will do. Like you, I do not sell this product, but I will give credit where credit is due. I do not what BBV's policy is but BB stands by their product and you can return for a full refund if you are not satisfied.
  • bigL2387
    bigL2387 Posts: 1
    Options
    I've been working out avidly since HS and even more since i joined the army in 06, i have tried a lot of different products out there but i think this is the best one i have tried. not to mention you cant beat the 50g of protien for every two scoops and it can be used as a meal replacment. you can get it in a few different flavors and low/zero carb. it also doesnt have MSG like some other protiens do.It's also safe for people that are lactose. here is a link for it.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/controller?N=0&Ntk=SiteSearch&Ntt=isopure&Nty=1&D=isopure&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchall
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I make my own. Protein powder, yogurt, skim milk and blue berries. Blend and drink.
  • daniel1hp
    daniel1hp Posts: 18
    Options
    I would just go onto veganproteinowders.net, they review them all pick out which one you like, and buy it.