Support from women 150-170lbs who want to drop 10-15lbs!

Options

Replies

• kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Me!! I've been stuck for the past four months and have 13 lbs left to go! I'm doing ChaLEAN Extreme now and then Turbo Fire. I eat pretty well- drink Shakeology, lean meats, veggies, lots of fruit. In August, I'm going to try clean eating to help kick this plateau. I'm so ready to get to the maintaining phase instead of losing phase!
  • 21jamira
    21jamira Posts: 3
    Options
    Sure Ill join in! I have fallen off track in the last 8 weeks.... lost a total of 30lbs and put 5 back on.. but I am wondering how much of that is water weight at this point... hoping all 5 lol..
    See you all soon! :)
  • tlc36
    tlc36 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    8 down and 8 to go!
  • mandy031383
    mandy031383 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm in Started at 191 and I'm down to 158 but seem to be stuck now. I would like to be between 145-150. I got fustrated n fell off track last week so I need to get back on. Would love to see what everyone else does my diary is open and I log my workouts :) feel free to add me.
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I fall in that category!
    Currently 163lbs and looking to get down to 155lb (MAYBE 150lb, tops). I eat 1500-2200 cals/day (depending on exercise), lift weights, and run when it isn't so dang hot out.
    Feel free to add me!
  • Ashleyann72
    Ashleyann72 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck at 161-ish! My starting weight (Feb 2012) was 178. I have 15 lbs to go to my goal weight!! Feel free to add me! :)
  • fab_ridz
    fab_ridz Posts: 73
    Options
    I am 5'1" and weigh 164 lbs right now. In total, I need to lose about 40-50 lbs. But I would love to lose 10-15 lbs in august =)
    I am a vegetarian, so I eat more veggies, fruits, yogurt, tofu, and chickpeas. I do not eat bread, rice, pasta, pizza, noodles, or any other simple carbs. I walk for 60 mins every day on the treadmill @ 2.5mph. Do interval training on elliptical 3-4 times a week. and try to do lunges and hip extensions every day.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i'm right in here... I'm 5' 7.5" I currently weigh 162 lbs and want to get down to 155 lbs! I am following the Whole30 challenge for the next thrity days to jump start the loss (since I haven't lost anything since January when I did this the first time)

For exercise, I do crossfit, nightclub cardio, zumba, running, and golf.
  • j9riter
    j9riter Posts: 20
    Options
    Please count me in! 165 now, aiming for 150. Oops, I should say that when I joined MFP last week, I was 165. then I started tracking and exercising and gained 2 lbs! :(

Would love to see what you all are doing for success -- I need inspiration!
  • giometta
    giometta Posts: 1
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have 20 to lose to feel as though my clothes will fit again. I LOVE this myfitnesspal diary because it is making me honest in portion control (which is my nemesis). I bought a food scale and a body fat scale from EAT SMART on Amazon. I have been weighing myself every morning, then charting it on myfitnesspal so I get to see progress. I have lost about 5 pounds so far--that is, I think, because I am sticking to the 1200 calorie allowance I have daily. I love the fact that when I exercise (ride my bike, work in the garden -nothing ambitious- I can't do aerobics classes) I get more calories for that day and it's truly a pleasure to say "oh, I'm not going to use them."
    I am not working at the moment, so I have time to devote to this "weight loss process". I LOVE the little encouraging blurbs I get from myfitnesspal on my Iphone..that I logged in so many times, that I lost a pound, that I exercised...it all helps, because, as much as I dread dieting--if I reach a point where I can stop and focus on losing weight--I KNOW I can do it--and now I am old enough to value these tools that don't cost anything and provide support.
    It really sucks when my clothes don't fit, especially when I put on a favorite item and I am HORRIFIED to see that it stretches across my chest or I turn sideways and I look like I have a bowling ball in my stomach.

I guess the most helpful things I can contribute are these:
    --It's summer--almost everything I eat is salad-based
    --I switch to drinking water after 8 pm- no more food
    --I bought beef jerky as a snack
    --I get Trader Joe's soy ice cream sandwiches as treats
    --Watermelon is great! I eat that with a knife and fork
    --poached salmon
    --poached eggs

I have a friend who has inveigled me to have a glass of wine twice in the last two weeks. It's ok, but I have to watch it when I think it would be ok for me to have anything other than water or coffee as a liquid (keeping it simple helps....does anyone agree on that? The more narrow I keep my diet--and simple--the better).

Cheers!
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm at 148 looking to be somewhere around 130!
    My diet and exercise aren't at the point where they are when school is in session since my parents don't eat healthily and I don't have access to a gym, so I've been maintaining all summer.
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Me, too!:smile:
    I'm struggeling with loosing, I'd be soo happy to loose 10 pounds. It can't be that hard, can it????
    Let's do it together!
  • yankeegrl67
    Options
    Me, too!:smile:
    I'm struggeling with loosing, I'd be soo happy to loose 10 pounds. It can't be that hard, can it????
    Let's do it together!

You're right. It certainly wasn't hard to gain it. How hard can it be to lose? LOL!
  • mcginger1
    mcginger1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm right in that range with the same goals. Sounds like a perfect fit!
  • laurie0507
    laurie0507 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    A group for all of us would be great, count me in. I'm 180 and want to get to 165!

I need motivation/support!
  • amandainfanto
    Options
    Great! I haven't done a post before but I'm so excited so many people are relating to this. This last 10-15lbs are SO HARD! I think I just need more support to work out at LEAST 3-4 times a week! I think during the week I eat great, but on the weekends, its SO HARD! especially living with my boyfriend. Ok, well good luck to everyone, I'm glad I have new friends with my struggle! ha :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm about 165 with a GW of 150. I run a lot and so I eat a lot. I lose about .5-1 lb/week eating 1600 net (I eat all my exercise calories - about 3500/week). Feel free to add me if you like.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat.

My current is 165 (fluctuting between 163.4 & 165) and 5'5". My goal is 145 but I might stop sooner if I am happy with my results. 145 is just a number I threw out when setting up my profile. I have no idea if its the right number for me.

I am mostly vegitarian but occasionally eat fish. I run and recently started increasing my milage alot in training for a race. I also love vinaysa yoga but am mostly running now.

I am new to the site and stilll figuring out my eating in terms of how many calories/exercise calories I should be eating or what my carb/fat/protien ratio should be.
  • Tia0692
    Tia0692 Posts: 2
    Options
    sounds just like me! i started this at 180 after pregnancy, now at 172 with a goal of 155 (pre pregnancy weight). :)
  • abbykathleen
    Options
    Me, too! CW is 163 looking for a final of 140. Everyone feel free to add me, I'm always looking for active and supportive friends!