started off great, then my mom took me to a movie.....

Options
I have been doing SO WELL, down 3 pounds, then today my mom and I were at the movies and she handed me a 3 musketeers bar and said this for my sweet on sweetest day....

I ate it.

Now I feel like a failure!!!!!

:sad: (((CRY))):sad:

am I going to have to restart?

284609.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Replies

• bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    It is okay to treat yourself now and then. Just be careful what you say yes to and how often you do it. Try to eat smaller sizes of snacks or break it in half. I have had to learn to say no or put it in my purse and eat little bits later or give it away. You do not have to restart, you cannot give everything up you just need to learn portion. If you just give everything up you will go into a frantic one day and eat all you can see. Just learn portions and work into your daily diet routine.
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hey girl, don't beat yourself up!!

I have off days every now and then, and your not going to gain all your weight back by eating one chocolate bar!

The biggest thing you gotta do is ENJOY when you treat yourself like that, because when I treat myself, i know that 95% of the time I eat really good. Tommorrow is another day!! :flowerforyou: Keep you chin up!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad! We all have times where we eat a treat, and all in all a candy bar isn't too much as long as you don't make it a habit. Just consider it an indulgence and let it go, or you can just work out for a while longer and burn it off. The important thing is that you shake it off and get back on track, don't beat yourself up and damage all the progress you've made. It's ok!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    One Candy bar isn't going to gain you three pounds.

In fact yesterday I drank my first beer or 8 since Labor Day.

I know it's kind of socially awkward to bring up the fact that you're trying to lose weight. But if you talk about it with your freinds in family you'll find your self in fewer situations like the one you were just in. Hopefully they will support you in your decisions and life style change. If they give you crap about it be firm with them.
  • jadenfox
    jadenfox Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I had a good dinner :)