Heel spurs

Options
I developed heel spurs from running in my late teens, early 20s. Never gave them much thought until about a year ago when my right heep became VERY painful. Finally went to dr and got shots in foot and wonderful arch supports. My archs are 24 degrees, dr said 10 degrees is considered high.

Anyway, I wear my supports all the time. Even in my tennis shoes for kick boxing and advanced burn cardio. No problems.
My feet felt so good that I decided to try Couch to 5K. I made it through the first day and was so stoked until I could barely walk the next morning.

Bummed.

Just wondering if anyone else has spurs and, if so, have you found anything that helps if you want to start running again?

Replies

• brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have heel spurs but for the opposite reason (I am flat footed).

The PF has bothered me, the spurs not at much. Have you been properly fitted for your running shoes?
  • JennBunny73
    JennBunny73 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I was a lot like you..I fought the pain for months..through my workouts, some days almost crying from the burning pain that I was getting. I tried inserts in my shoes, a night brace (which helped in the mornings) stretches on the stairs and rolling over a can, oral steriods, injections but nothing made it go away. Running (which I love) I had to give up. I finally had the surgery for the heel spur release and before that I had an EMG and they discovered I had an entrapped nerve. My foot doctor said it was very entrapped and had vericose veins wrapped around it...........it has been just over 2 weeks and I am not allowed to fully walk on it yet, just partial pressure, but it feels really good..no burning sensation or pain in the heel at all...just more sore from the surgery. I am so excited to have the pain totally gone and I am going to start training in September for the Turkey Trot 5k in November. Can't wait to run without pain.