Michigan People Wanting to Train For a Triathlon

Options
I am looking to train with some people for a triathlon. I am planning to try one out for next year in September but I need some people either with experience or motivation to go with me and train and participate. My fiance is doing it as well and I think it would be good to get a group of people involved. Anyone interested?

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Michigan. What part?
  • bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    20mins North of Ionia.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Oh, I'm up north..1.5 hrs north of Grand Rapids lol
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm a little south of you in IL, but I started doing triathlons last year. I have done a sprint and olympic distance. They are FUN and great to train for!

Let me know if you have any questions! :bigsmile:
  • bethany_jurries
    Options
    Ya I am in a little town called Sheridan. It is near Montcalm Community College.
  • bethany_jurries
    Options
    I'm a little south of you in IL, but I started doing triathlons last year. I have done a sprint and olympic distance. They are FUN and great to train for!

Let me know if you have any questions! :bigsmile:

Thank you. I may contact you once the training begins. I am waiting to drop 15 more pounds before I do hard training. I want to drop the weight so it makes training easier and so i do not get too bulky! Thanks!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Thank you. I may contact you once the training begins. I am waiting to drop 15 more pounds before I do hard training. I want to drop the weight so it makes training easier and so i do not get too bulky! Thanks!

Sure thing!! Are you running/ biking/ swimming at all now? I am a regular runner, biking is harder during the winter but I keep up the swimming too! I love it! :heart:
  • bethany_jurries
    Options

Sure thing!! Are you running/ biking/ swimming at all now? I am a regular runner, biking is harder during the winter but I keep up the swimming too! I love it! :heart:

I jog and bike right now. When I can get to my college to swim on lap swim hours I try. I really do not know much about swimming so there is my down fall. I am not coordinated enough to get my legs and arms and I do not know when to breathe. I am a mess in the water lol.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I jog and bike right now. When I can get to my college to swim on lap swim hours I try. I really do not know much about swimming so there is my down fall. I am not coordinated enough to get my legs and arms and I do not know when to breathe. I am a mess in the water lol.

Swimming has taken me a lot of practice too. I made friends w/ the lifeguards at the Y and they have given me great swimming tips. It's working on technique and form that will really help! Good luck!