At home workouts

Hi All,

What types of workouts are people doing at home when they don't have a gym int he house or a gym membership? I'm not a huge fan of walking outside (especially in this heat) but I am trying new things at home in my living room and am curious what others ae doing.

Replies

• fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    30 day shred right now but I do

Zumba
    EA Sports active
    Wii Fit
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Hi All,

What types of workouts are people doing at home when they don't have a gym int he house or a gym membership? I'm not a huge fan of walking outside (especially in this heat) but I am trying new things at home in my living room and am curious what others ae doing.

I've been doing TapoutXT. Just need a resistance band. It's pretty nuts though.
    There are a ton of video workouts available for all experience levels (insanity, yoga, pilates, etc).

BodyRock.TV is also quite good. There are also a number of body weight exercises you can do that are great.

The toughest part is staying motivated, which is why I find the video workouts are great.
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Zumba fitness 2 for the wii, Tae Bo on youtube or DVD, Dance central on the Xbox, Wii fit, I have a lot of games consoles which helps! Also, I have a small crappy home gym with a rowing machine and weights, and do a lot of walking :)
  • ARMYDree
    ARMYDree Posts: 12
    Insanity!! It's amazing, addictive and friggin insane! save up and invest in it!!! I have bought so many different at home DVD's and this one reminds me of when I would play basket ball and be dripping sweat and I was in the best shape ever!! I tride turbo jam and It was too choreographed for me. Seriously If you are looking to get serious and dig deep, do insanity.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Turbo Fire has helped my cardio a million times over from only doing it for a couple of weeks on and off here and there. I can now run a lot farther. I love Chalene Johnson I have added her on facebook to motivate me!
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Any form of calisthenics.

I like Insanity.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    I love doing videos like Jillian Michaels (all of hers, yoga, 30ds, ri30, etc), Turbo Jam, Insanity, Tae Bo, Bob Harper, etc, etc. I also like doing boxing on the Wii.
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Zumba and walking with light hand weights DVD's. I try to check different ones out so I can mix it up. Get outside and walk when it's not too hot.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Slim in 6
    Slim Series
    Now currently doing P90x

I ♥ beachbody dvds.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Absolutely anything Jillian Michaels. Can't go wrong.
  • rward007
    rward007 Posts: 32
    I do some of the p90x dvds if I'm at home. I've never really fully committed to the program because I prefer the classes at the gym (yoga and tabata) or running over doing the dvds. However I often will do the shoulder and tricep dvd because I like the workouts.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Bob Harper Bob Harper Bob Harper. He will kick your *kitten* and you'll thank him :heart: