bloody men!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I have been married for almost fifteen years and when divorce is not an option for you, you make it work. That word is not in our vocabulary. And trust me, we have had our share of problems. Problems that would have made most people quit. But, thank the Lord we have stuck it out and we are both happier than we ever thought possible.
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options

"If the grass looks greener on the other side of the fence.... water your lawn"
    AWESOME
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    It is OK to vent about these things, but I am going to have to agree.

I have been married for 5 years and we have had our ups and downs already, but I am so glad we have stuck it out and stayed together.
    Just be thankful for the little things. Believe me, you will miss them if ever given the chance.
    My husband is currently serving one year in Korea and it is heart breaking.
  • Juls_
    Juls_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Agreed, I have been in crappy relationships, and great relationships. Respect and friendship go a long way. Creating strong communication is important and I believe it is essential for being partners in each others life. And isn't that the goal? To have a loving, caring, long term partner (aka marriage)?

I have a wonderful man, and could not imagine my life without him. . . even when he is in the wrong.
  • Juls_
    Juls_ Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 16 years, and we've been together almost 19 years. We have definitely had tough times, mostly due to financial struggles early on. We have also had times on not agreeing on parenting.
    With his depression at its worst about 6 years ago, I had to make a decision to stay or go. I am SOOOO very happy I chose to not give up - on him or us. He is the nicest guy. So caring and honest to a fault at times.

Our relationship is built first on friendship and respect. That has carried us through a lot.

If you don't respect your mate, or feel they don't respect you - I don't think that is fixable.
    If you don't like them right now, but respect them, that is fixable.

Focus on the good points, and what you love about that person. Don't 'forget' all the bad, but if it is REALLY bad, work on it. If it is annoying but not really bad, find a way to accept it.

Just my opinion.

Good luck to all!!! I hope everyone can be as happy as we are.
  • sugerfree2
    sugerfree2 Posts: 69
    Options
    thanks for replies, as soon as i sent it i thought woops not the rite place but i had to vent so sorry if i offended anyone along the way just if i see i post uninteresting i just dont read it so thought ppl would do the same .... been married 15 yrs this year & have been through loads & loads of tough times just often hard to justify between '' is it just the stress of finances , nothing in common '' or is it really not working... how long do you wait ?? until its to late :(
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    thanks for replies, as soon as i sent it i thought woops not the rite place but i had to vent so sorry if i offended anyone along the way just if i see i post uninteresting i just dont read it so thought ppl would do the same .... been married 15 yrs this year & have been through loads & loads of tough times just often hard to justify between '' is it just the stress of finances , nothing in common '' or is it really not working... how long do you wait ?? until its to late :(

hard question... i really dont know... :huh:
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I'm not surprised by the comments in here.

For many, what we are doing by being a part of this site (getting into better shape) is helping us to build more self confidence. So if we think WE are doing better we might also think we can DO better.

I'm as guilty as anyone.

Reality is, if the grass is greener somewhere else, you need to water your own.
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Being single is overrated in many ways.

Agreed!
    2nd !