1st Major NSV – size 14 pants!

Options
arrawyn79
arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
Okay, so I guess really this will be my 2nd major NSV (my first would be fitting back into my old size 16 (UK) jeans last month). But, really, I think this trumps it! I don’t remember when I last wore a size 14. I wore my size 16s 5 years ago (prior to just recently)… so obviously before that.

Granted, these jeans have a bit of stretch to them…but still – 14 is 14, right?! :wink: And I tried on 2 different brands.

And one of the most amazing things is: I’ve always been big in the hips/thighs/bum area. I’m a pear shape I guess (smaller on top, bigger on bottom). And these new jeans I just bought myself today say that they are ‘fitted through hip and thigh’ (even though they have a bit of stretch to them). And I actually still comfortably fit them! I’ve noticed recently that my hips/thighs seem slimmer and not as pronounced :happy:

And okay, so these jeans feel a teensy bit snug (but not really uncomfortable), but since I’m planning on still losing another 14lbs, hopefully they’ll become more comfortable (and not too loose!). Just wanted to share! :bigsmile:

Replies

• taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am also a pear and I absolutely hate shopping for pants...especially jeans. I had not bought jeans in over a year and finally decided to try them on at my favorite store (of which I have not ever bought any from). I thought I'd be a 9/10 or 7/8 at the smallest. Low and behold 5/6 fit around my pear butt. :laugh: It was a great feeling.

It's hard being a pear and trying to by a pear...I mean PAIR :bigsmile: of pants.

Keep working hard! It's only gonna get better!
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!!!
  • arrawyn79
    Options
    Congratulations! I am also a pear and I absolutely hate shopping for pants...especially jeans. I had not bought jeans in over a year and finally decided to try them on at my favorite store (of which I have not ever bought any from). I thought I'd be a 9/10 or 7/8 at the smallest. Low and behold 5/6 fit around my pear butt. :laugh: It was a great feeling.

It's hard being a pear and trying to by a pear...I mean PAIR :bigsmile: of pants.

Keep working hard! It's only gonna get better!

Thanks! glad to hear i'm not alone in hating to buy pants - especially jeans! And wow congrats at being able to wear a size 5/6! :) thats awesome!! i'm only 5'3 so i definitely need to get smaller :)

and i'm looking forward to it getting better! :)
  • traceymoomoo
    Options
    well done!!!! I am as delighted for you as you are for yourself!!! I talk about you to my daughter saying what a lovely person you are and such great support!!! x keep going xxx
  • arrawyn79
    Options
    well done!!!! I am as delighted for you as you are for yourself!!! I talk about you to my daughter saying what a lovely person you are and such great support!!! x keep going xxx

awww, thanks so much! that means a lot! :) and yes I will definitely keep going (even though a lady at work who i hardly know at all, she asked me today how much weight i'd lost, so i said, and i mentioned i wanted to lose a bit more and she said that she didn't think I did, but that it was all about how *I* felt and how comfortable I am :). So that was really nice to hear too! :) (and one of my bosses also said i was looking good :D)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!