Zumba experiences?

Options
Hi,
I was just wondering what people think of it? They offer it at the YMCA I go to and I am interested in starting with the October 26th class but am a bit nervous. Is it difficult? I am afraid I am too uncoordinated for it maybe....

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :smile: What is Zumba?
  • ZumbaGirl1
    Options
    I'm actually a Zumba Instructor and it's rather easy. You may feel "lost" during the first few times you do Zumba considering you may not know all of the choreography. I highly encourage you to take the class and commit to it. I have lost 61 pounds and 6% body fat with Zumba alone! Have a great time Zumba-ing!

Zumba is latin dance aerobics class that you have the capability to burn a maximum of 700 calories per one hour session!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4 Go here and watch! This is Zumba and the instructor is wonderful!!!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Your young, go for it!! Life is full of adventures and I bet you will love it! There WILL be others who have NEVER done this too, just go with the attitude that your there for fun and to burn up the calories!! Do it with a smile!!!!
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Go for it! I have done it before and it is really fun, but a really great workout at the same time.
  • Giggles27
    Giggles27 Posts: 139
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA>>>its the best. Even if you cant exactly do the moves...the instructor would just tell you to keep moving and it worked...SOOO MUCH FUN....it was great...I dont take it anymore because I moved and my current gym doesnt offer it...BUT I MISS IT SOOO MUCH!!!!
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've gone twice and LOVED it. It is so fun and even though it's hard work it goes by fast. This last Thursday I burned 650 calories in my 60 minute class!

I will say that my instructor sticks mainly to Latin type dances which I really like. I was looking at a bunch of videos on youtube and they seemed to be more hip hop, so I'm not sure what's the standard.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Look up Zumba workouts on YouTube so you can get an idea of what you're in for. I love it, but I can't do the moves because, like you, I'm not big on coordination.

Check out this girl's Zumba videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1NIIxzlRbI
  • lovehughappy
    Options
    I have done Zumba and it is SO fun!! It does not matter how good you are, just move around and have a good time with it. You work up a sweat for sure:)
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    OMG my sister went once and fell in love...I haven't tried it yet but she couldn't stop talking about it... shes not all that coordinated hahaha

~Leash :heart:
  • sunnygirl9338
    Options
    I do zumba twice a week. I love it! It's the most fun work out I have ever done! It really gets your heart going and you will feel great.
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    LUV LUV LUV it!!!! i do it 4x a week and i almost feel guilty when i leave cause its just too much fun:laugh: go for it!!
  • mystasia
    mystasia Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great feedback. I am going to force myself to go to the class. I think I am more nervous about doing it with a bunch of people I dont know, but it will be good for me to put myself out of my comfort zone. Especially for Zumba as the videos and all the responses make it sound so fun!! I wish it were the 26th already so I could go today! :)
  • Cheysmommy823
    Options
    I love Zumba they offer it at my gym it's soooo fun really gets you movin.