My calorie intake

Options
Im new to this.do I have to eat my full calorie in take of 1200. I am 475 under today. I am a healthy eater and can only eat small meals. I am celiac,allergy to gluten/wheat so I have to watch what I eat.

Replies

• bronnibee
    bronnibee Posts: 65
    Options
    I think is normal to have some days where you don't eat all your calories, other days you will eat over 1200. So I guess it's about balancing out overall. Try having some snacks. I know I find it hard to eat 1200 calories a day
  • Sion73
    Sion73 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You need to eat close to your calorie intake. Eating too few calories will eventually slow weight loss down as your body enters starvation mode!
  • Math_Geek
    Math_Geek Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    No such thing as starvation mode.
  • Juliedungca
    Juliedungca Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm at work... struggling on what to stuff my face with cause i'm at less than 700 right now... and my "calorie goal" is 1200. I'm so paranoid about starvation mode! I'm not hungry..... the day is coming to an end.... but I don't want my body to get used to this either because not everyday will be like this. Do I eat just so my body doesn't start thinking this is all it's gonna get regularly? I've been eating less than 1000 for about a month now. Usually, less than 800. I had thought that when I reached my target weight I would just go up to the suggested 1200. I'm still not done but I'm terrified my body won't know what to do with the extra calories if I actually eat up to my goal. Um, Help?