The Master Clense Anyone?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Only appropriate picture for this thread. Zombie peeps.

Zombie_Peeps_by_shelostit.jpg
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    two guys at work do it every other month or so. they try and get me to do it, ever since i started working with them.

in the last two years they haven't lost any weight, while i've dropped 18 pounds in the last 3 months.

ETA: ugh, zombie thread
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    If you have toxins in your body that your kidneys and liver can't handle, get off the interwebz and get to a dr., stat! Cleanses are unnecessary.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    If you have toxins in your body that your kidneys and liver can't handle, get off the interwebz and get to a dr., stat! Cleanses are unnecessary.

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

I saw many people mentioned getting headaches, feeling like crap, feeling like they had the flu or having a white tongue... these are all symptoms of toxins leaving your body. The worse the symptoms are, the more toxic your body is and the more you REALLY NEED TO CLEANSE. It's going to be worse for older people who have never cleansed before. I was about 25 at the time and I had spent the previous 10 years before that eating pretty healthy and exercising so my level of toxins was probably less than others. I also grew up from birth drinking purified water.

:D:D:D:D:D
    To any hopeful newbies who came to this zombie thread: your liver and kidneys deal with any 'toxins' that enter the body. No, your liver and kidneys do not need help. If they do (i.e you have a medical condition) a cleanse will not help, medication will. A cleanse is unnecessary and often causes more problems than it claims to solve (but doesn't actually solve).

/thread
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    MASTER PEEP CLEANSE.

(I miss the Peep Cleanse guy. It's not as much fun without him.)
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    holly3585 wrote: »
    I am curious to hear from anyone who has tried the ‘Master Cleanse’ Essentially, from my understanding, to be a short term, liquid diet consisting of 6-12 ‘drinks’ each day containing grade B maple syrup, organic lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and water.

Please let me begin by saying that I am in NO WAY looking for any type of quick fix or miracle diet. I have successfully been dieting, and gotten down to my ultimate goal weight about 6 months ago. It is maintaining that has been quite a struggle for me. In fact, since I have hit my goal weight I feel constantly stressed, worried, failing……maintenance is def. the hard part for me. I have decided to attempt the Master Cleanse to ‘kick off’ a new phase of NOT stressing out about my diet so much. I have completed the Asylum program, and am 5 weeks into the original Insanity, so working out is absolutely something that I enjoy, it is just my eating that gets away from me.

I am really just curious if anyone that has tried the cleanse continued working out while fasting, because I just assumed that while consuming so little it would be appropriate to cut back on the super high intensity workouts for the 4-7 days I work on the cleanse. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks!

My younger sister has done every cleanse there is. She loses ten lbs, put's it right back on the next week. She's definitely done master cleanse. She was moody the whole time, had to call into work twice and definitely did NOT manage to work out except for on the first day.

I think you will screw yourself up doing that.

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is something I have experience with. I've done it three times, though the third time I failed miserably and binged on everything in sight. The first time I did it (10 days I think?) I dropped a decent amount of weight very fast... it was easy for me to not have to think about eating. I felt ok during the entire ten days, and I'd say the first was the easiest.

HOWEVER, I then started become more and more obsessed with food. Started eating only raw foods and barely anything at that. Dropped a lot of weight, was paranoid and restrictive about everything, and then snapped and entered into a routine of binging and purging. :( I guess some people can do it and not become obsessive about it, but I don't think it's the healthiest option to lose weight at all.

I do think the drink tastes good though. I still have it from time to time when I have maple syrup!

EDIT: Oh crap! Sorry, didn't see how old the thread was! :open_mouth: