For the ladies!

Options
Ok, just wanted to ask all the ladies on here a question! Do you guys use sports bras when you work out? I haven't been but I keep getting the feeling I would be better off using one. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine NOT wearing a sports bra during workouts. But I've breastfed two kids for an extended period of time which left my girls a bit saggy, but regardless I would still only feel comfortable working out with good support.
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I don't have a whole lot going on up top, but I still prefer to wear a sports bra. I prefer all movement to be in a unison, no alternating bouncing or swinging. It's more comfortable for me that way. :smile:
  • kendrart
    kendrart Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    :noway:

I could not even fathom working out without one! And I'm totally not stacked - I wear a B cup! OUCH! Buy a sports bra girl, your body will thank you.
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    I've had three kids, and being large up top to begin with - and the weight I have lost so far making them a bit extra droopy - I HAVE to wear a sports bra. Depending on your size, you can find good ones that aren't very expensive. Even if you need to get a pricey one, they are worth it!!
  • natasha150
    natasha150 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    a sports bra is a must!!!
  • nfroff
    nfroff Posts: 24
    Options
    absolutely - definitely - give it a go and you'll wonder why you haven't already!
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Thanks ladies, its sad to admit this but I've been working out for almost 3 months now and I've never used one :embarassed: hope it doesn't affect me too much!
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's a huge difference with a sports bra. I am only a B, but sometimes I forget to change bras before I go out for a run and I can tell immediately. Doesn't have to be a fancy one, just something from Walmart or Target does fine.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    When I first started working out I didn't.. but now I do.

I'm a B cup, but it's nice to have those bad boys strapped down and not going anywhere...
  • Freyja2023
    Freyja2023 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I wear both a sports bra and a spandex top under my tank top. I am fairly large and would most like kill myself if I didn't. :)
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Is there really much of a difference though?
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Yes. If I workout in a regular bra and break a sweat, I get very uncomfortable very quickly. It makes my bra feel itchy and weird. The sports bras help with the sweat, but it also gives MUCH better support, and I'm only an A cup.
  • Allihexen
    Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I choose to wear one just for comfort. Wal-Mart is currently running a sale on them actually. :)
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Yes! Use one. I would be too uncomfortable without one. There are plenty of stores that have them on sale sometimes, Walmart, Target, Sears, etc. :)
  • jforferris01
    jforferris01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am lg on top and have lost 50lbs and still cant fit in one. So I just keep the old bras that I have as I lose weight and use those. Dont need to spend extra money if you dont have it. A good supporting bra is important to have on though. I only keep my till there no good and by then I should have some news ones and recycle all over again. Good luck.
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    My girls can be quite out of control... when i skip i:

wear a bra &
    a sports bra &
    another sports bra &
    a work out razor back tank with a built in bra ...

that would be 4 layers of support for the girls ... with out all 4 i can NOT jump
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm a large C cup and wear some thick, knit ones. No underwires, those things tend not to survive long... and they become uncomfortable once they start poking through the fabric. I would not be able to work out without a sports bra, my girls would be jumping all over the place. The ones I wear are nothing expensive. Unfortunately, it's a store brand, the particular two pairs that I love the most have not been made for awhile, and that store is in liquidation right now. Otherwise I'd recommend the exact same ones.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I wear two sports bras at once, both for support and looks. The first has formed cups to keep me from the dreaded "UNIBOOB", and the second looks like a normal sports bra and covers up the first bra, my HRM strap, and my pepper spray (for jogging before dawn).

When I run, they look awesome and don't move an inch!!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter to me because I have small boobs.... I just make sure to wear a crappy bra because i don't want to ruin my good ones. I usually wear two, one normal bra and one sports bra because it creates a nice little space for my ipod.
  • meantforsea
    Options
    When I run, I wear a regular push up bra (all I really own) and when I do pilates, I wear a sports bra. I don't really feel a difference. I'm not crazy endowed, but I do have a pair.