Do you wear your HRM at all times.

Options
I recently bought an HRM watch (without chest band) a few weeks ago and I love it. I actually love the watch part of it. It have indiglo feature that I like at night and I also like the style.

Do you wear yours all of the time or just during exercise. I ask because sometimes when I fold my arms or lean against it, it beeps wanting to take my heart rate.

Thoughts.

Replies

• run227down2130
    Options
    Only for exercise. HRM are not designed for monitoring "rest" and will not be anywhere near accurate enough for that type of monitoring. Even strength training, HRM are not highly accurate. It is because the equations that the HRM monitor uses to equate your HR to calories burned (including sex, height, weight, age) are based on aerobic exercise.

edit to include: Ones without the chest strap and those that don't let you input age, height, weight, and sex are not going to be accurate. Can you return and buy another?
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You aren't supposed to wear them all the time.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I just wear mine during cardio exercise......
  • bossladyday
    bossladyday Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I only use it during workouts or shopping at the mall :)
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I wear my FT7 as a watch. It's a nice reminder of my morning workout (calories I earned and get to eat back during the day) and keeps me motivated for my evening workout.

But the actual chest strap I only wear during cardio.