JUNE STARTERS WALKING CHALLENGE

Options
Good morning all ... Just getting things started here ... I did a big hike yesterday ... My friend Kim and I did a section of the Bruce Trail ... I finally bought the manual with all the maps and stuff ... I'm so excited ... now we'll do bits a pieces of it as time goes on. Yesterdays hike was 11 kilometers or 6.84 miles and it took us almost 4 hours to complete. Woo Hoo!!

hiking.gif

Replies

• busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    I walked about a mile total yesterday. :blushing: I think my daughter and I have the flu. I'm going to the dr today to get some meds.

I really got knocked on my butt this weekend. I had big plans to go to the mall and walk around a million times, then take Elly to the park and play forever and then hit the gym. :noway: Nope, I layed on the couch both days crocheting silly hats. (I made one that looks like the pacman ghost. :laugh: )

Elly and I set up camp in the living room and my fiance only came in when we needed something. We don't want to risk him getting sick too. Especially if it's the flu-I-won't-mention-so-I-don't-jinx-it.

I still had a bit of fun though. Elly had a blast playing dr and listening to my heart and jabbing me with stuff. :laugh:
  • busymom74
    Options
    Bumping so the June Starters can see this.

I did maybe a mile again yesterday. I was sick as a dog. I'm going to the gym today though so I don't go crazy.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi all ... if we're counting our walking at work in this challenge ... then I did about 6 km. yesterday or 3.73 miles. I'm a mail clerk and I walk a lot during the day. I wore a pedometer and I average about 8000 steps in a shift, I googled "how many steps in a kilometer?" and it says it's about 1320 steps.
  • busymom74
    Options
    I'm counting everday walking. Or else I'd be at 0 miles. :laugh: 2 miles for the week so far. I'm bombing this challenge.

The next challenge I'll try not to get sick. :grumble: :laugh:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Sunday-0 miles-I forgot the challenge started :grumble:
    Monday-3.30 miles
  • ilike2moveit
    Options
    Hope you feel better!:flowerforyou:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Ran 2 miles yesterday. I walk a ton normally on campus so I'm not going to count that...just what's extra!

It was a really hard run. It was spur of the moment so maybe it was just that I ate too soon before or something. I normally can make it to a certain song on my ipod, but this time I stopped like 2 songs early and got a side stitch which tripped me up for the rest of my run. :grumble: Oh well, at least I got some exercise in...I went out to dinner last night and had lots of goodies...including a small piece of s'mores cake!! wahhhhhh
  • magglett
    Options
    Hi there ... so I miscalculated (or my pedometer did) my steps for Monday at my work shift. Yesterday I used a more reliable pedometer. Here's a schedule of my walking this week so please ignore the previous numbers. I'll add to it each day and total it out at the end of the week. I hope this helps the chart keeper.

Sunday, Oct 18 - 11 km. (6.84 miles)
    Monday, Oct 19 - 5 km. (3.11 miles)
    Tuesday, Oct 20 - 7 km. (4.35 miles)
    Wednesday, Oct 21 -
    Thursday, Oct 22 -
    Friday, Oct 23 -
    Saturday, Oct 24 -

gb-081598-31.gif
  • busymom74
    Options
    Thanks Memaw, that helps a ton! :flowerforyou:

Soooo, I'm terrible at this challenge!! I forgot to use my pedometer yest at work and I forgot to take it to the gym and I even forgot to see how many miles I walked on the treadmill! :huh:

Does anyone know how many miles are walked at 3.5mph in 35 minutes on incline intervals? lol I know I should be able to do the math but it's too early. :yawn:
  • magglett
    Options
    Thanks Memaw, that helps a ton! :flowerforyou:

Soooo, I'm terrible at this challenge!! I forgot to use my pedometer yest at work and I forgot to take it to the gym and I even forgot to see how many miles I walked on the treadmill! :huh:

Does anyone know how many miles are walked at 3.5mph in 35 minutes on incline intervals? lol I know I should be able to do the math but it's too early. :yawn:

I'm Maggie not Memaw ... I love Memaw to pieces so I'll take it as a compliment :flowerforyou:
  • busymom74
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: sorry! Not enough caffine yet! Blame it on the flu! Blame it all on the flu!!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad so many of you are off to a great start....

My son came down with the flu on Sunday. I'm keeping him home from school all week (he's in Kindergarten; 5 yr. old).... So, I am not really doing anything but hoovering over him with his meds and keeping a sharp eye on him. So, this week will not be a good week for me with the challenge...

I'm hoping my little girl who is 2 yr. old doesn't come down with the flu... So far, only Kaid, my son, has it and this is the 3rd day of it...

Keep it up ladies!!!! I'll catch ya next week.....
  • busymom74
    Options
    Sorry Kandyjo, the flu SUCKS! Elly and I had it all weekend too. I hope you guys feel better soon! :flowerforyou:

Maybe we'll do the challange again next week too. Same goals and all. Let me know wwat you guys think.
  • magglett
    Options
    I love walking challenges so if you want to repeat it that works well for me. I'll be giving a lot of ghost tours next week and they're about 2 km. (1.24 miles) each time and they're way fun.
    ghost-tour.gif
  • ilike2moveit
    Options
    Tuesday-no time to walk :grumble:
    Wednesday-6.56 miles on the treadmill watching Top Chef episodes-and taking breaks-:tongue:
  • magglett
    Options
    Here's my updated walking report ...

Wednesday, Oct 21 - 5 km. (3.11 miles)
    Thursday, Oct 22 -
    Friday, Oct 23 -
    Saturday, Oct 24 -

goodmorningmyfriends.gif
  • schlieffen
    Options
    Wow you guys, you're doing amazing! :flowerforyou: My bf is moving 6 hours away this weekend so this week has been a lot of social events, and then he got in a small accident with his 10-day old car, so we've been busy dealing with insurance :grumble: Anyways, with all that I haven't had time to do any exercise. But the great thing about this challenge is that I can read about how much you're all doing, and it's really motivating me so next week I hope to have an awesome week! :flowerforyou:

And KandyJo, just wanted to say that Kaid is such a cute name! :smile:
  • busymom74
    Options
    Magglett, your blowing us all away. :laugh: :flowerforyou:

I did 3 miles yesterday which brings me to about 9 or so. I'll have to double check. lol I'm going to the gym today so I can rack up some numbers.

Next week I'll put up more of a fight I promise!
  • yellowhouse
    Options
    Here is mine so far- this is just counting what I do at the gym...don't have a pedometer.

Sunday - 4.5 miles
    Monday - 3.75 miles
    Tuesday - 4.25 miles
    Wednesday - 4.5 miles
    Thursday -
    Friday -
    Saturday -
  • magglett
    Options
    Update for yesterday's miles.

Wednesday, Oct 21 - 5 km. (3.11 miles)
    Thursday, Oct 22 - 5.36 km. (3.33 miles)
    Friday, Oct 23 -
    Saturday, Oct 24 -

tgif.jpg