STRETCH MARKS: any advice?? HELP!

Options
So I gained maybe 30-40 pounds within the last 3-4 years (ew, makes me shutter when i think about it..) and as a result, i have slight pinkish stretch marks on my sides about 2 inches long and some really skinny pinkish ones on my hips. I am extremely fair skinned and have attempted tanning to at least conceal them and it just doesn't react well with my skin, plus I don't want the wrinkles that come with it haha. Anyways, I've tried creams and bio oil to try to get rid of them. I've read somewhere that if they are still pink, they can be gotten rid of. But I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a cream that could or couldn't work! I was just hoping for some advice. I am engaged to a man i've been dating for 2 years and he loves me for me. I always tell him that I fell bad he got me at the heaviest i've ever been. He still thinks i'm beautiful and compliments me every day (and that's no exaggeration) but, I want to feel good about myself...and i'm afraid that once I do reach my goal weight, I will still be self concious because of my stretch marks. Can anyone offer me some encouraging words?? Thanks a million!! :smooched: