• alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Ok.. HERE IS WHY...

1. Avocados: These little suckers are loaded with two
    nutrients that are KEY to killing belly fat: hungercrushing
    fiber (11 to 17 grams per avocado!), and
    monounsaturated fats, which studies have shown to
    actually “spot reduce” belly fat. Zowie!
    2. Peanut Butter: Okay, not just peanut butter, but
    mostly any seeds and nuts (these are the best):
    pistachios, walnuts, almonds (or almond butter),
    pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds.
    Why? They keep you full and satisfied for long
    periods of time, and they’re stuffed with healthy, belly-burning fats and minerals.
    3. Crisco: KIDDING! Just seeing if you were paying attention. That stuff is deadly. Healthy
    oils like olive oil, coconut oil and brand names like Udo’s Oil and Barlean’s Oil (I like the
    swirl flavors) actually help you burn fat by supplying healthy oils your body needs to burn
    body blubber.
    4. These Veggies: I’ve got to thank my buddy Mike Geary for this one. Turns out certain
    vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kale, and cabbage contain
    special phytonutrients, such as indole-3-carbinol (I3C), which help to fight against
    environmental estrogens that can add belly fat. Mom was right…eat your veggies!
    5. Omelets: Eggs aren’t bad, they’re nutrient-dense and loaded with belly-burning protein,
    vitamins B6, B12, A, D, E, and K, folate, choline, lutein, calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc,
    and omega-3 fatty acids. Plus, they keep you full for long periods of time. Choose eggs
    that come from free-range chickens. You’ll get more healthy nutrients.
    6. Dark Chocolate: That is not a typo. Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants (nearly
    eight times the number found in strawberries) and it contains stimulants that can have a
    positive effect on fat burning, including theobromine and caffeine. It also contains a nice
    dose of oleic acid, which is a monounsaturated fat. Make sure to choose the 78% or
    higher cocoa levels for best results.
    7. Oatmeal: Packed with fiber and whole-grain goodness, you can’t go wrong. Just be sure
    to avoid the processed, high-sugar junk out there and stick to slow-cook oats. Add a dash
    of cinnamon, some walnuts, berries, and a natural sweetener to taste. BAM! Good stuff.
    11 Get The Complete Belly Fat Free Program at BellyFatFree.com/quicktips/
    8. Green Tea: Not only does it contain a potent antioxidant, many scientific studies have
    linked green tea to increased fat burning, including a report in the American Journal of
    Clinical Nutrition that found green tea extract boosted the daytime metabolism of test
    subjects by 35- 43%.
    9. Beans: Black beans, navy beans, refried beans, and lima beans all have 6 or more grams
    of fiber per ½ cup. Fiber can clean your system of pounds of “toxic waste” and reduce
    your belly bulge in a big way. (See “Sneaky Trick #5” for details.)
    10. Berries: Strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are loaded with fiber (which slows
    sugar absorption), and they’re packed with vitamins that can fight cravings (cravings can
    come from vitamin deficiencies).
    11. Cinnamon: Researchers have found that cinnamon contains a type of antioxidant that
    increases insulin sensitivity and effectively helps to stabilize blood sugar. Bottom line…
    you’ll store less belly fat.
    12. Chili Peppers: Studies have shown that the active ingredient in chili peppers and powder,
    something called capsaicin, increases calorie-burning, stabilizes blood sugar levels (which
    decreases fat storage), and is a potent antioxidant. Add some of this “spice” to your life.
    13. Yogurt: Most regular yogurt is bad for your belly. It’s loaded with belly-bulging sugar (real
    or artificial) that you want to avoid it. However, Greek yogurts like Stoneyfield Farms Oikos
    Greek Yogurt (plain) are loaded with probiotics that fight belly bulge. (See “Sneaky Trick
    #6.”)
    14. Wild Salmon: Hands-down one of the best belly-blasting foods because of its protein and
    high omega-3 fatty acid content. This is like a “double shotgun approach” to killing belly
    fat. Many people are deficient in omega-3s and when they add them to their diet the fat
    can really start coming off.
    15. Giant Turkey Legs: You got me. I’m pulling your leg. (Get it?) I’m not just talking about
    turkey meat (white preferred), but any lean protein source is a good belly-blasting food.
    This includes wild salmon, free-range chicken, whey protein powders, and most especially
    grass-fed beef because it contains natural CLA—a fat that studies have actually shown to
    burn fat. The interesting thing about protein is your body will burn off as much as 30% of
    its calories after you eat it. Read the next trick for details…

No offense but this is a load of bull. If you guys looked at my diet you would crap your pants at the amount of candy bars and ice cream I consume in a week/day. Its calories in and calories out. Think I am on twix bar #6, little debbie #5 for this last week and I stopped counting how many cookies I ingested or ice cream because I ran out of fingers and toes to count them on (typing as I finish my chocolate chip mint ice cream). Oww I also ate 5 chocolate chip cookies yesterday! Oh and donuts... had 2 of those last Thursday & Friday and taco bell and wendy's owww and 4 strawberry shortcakes. Mmm. The only thing healthy I ate today was the sausage that I dripped in cheese and syrup and shoved in between two pieces of white processed bread. The hot dog for dinner wasn't very "healthy" either neither were the sour cream and onion chips. I'm at 16.3% body fat as of today from 25% after birth. I normally am around 18-20%. Going for 15% maybe 14... we will see and I got their with not eating anything listed above.... not one darn thing from that list.

.... not that i would recommend this for anyone (low carb doesn't work for me) but it goes to show you its calories in and calories out. AND a good freakin workout!
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    No offense but this is a load of bull. If you guys looked at my diet you would crap your pants at the amount of candy bars and ice cream I consume in a week/day. Its calories in and calories out. Think I am on twix bar #6, little debbie #5 for this last week and I stopped counting how many cookies I ingested or ice cream because I ran out of fingers and toes to count them on (typing as I finish my chocolate chip mint ice cream). Oww I also ate 5 chocolate chip cookies yesterday! Oh and donuts... had 2 of those last Thursday & Friday and taco bell and wendy's owww and 4 strawberry shortcakes. Mmm. The only thing healthy I ate today was the sausage that I dripped in cheese and syrup and shoved in between two pieces of white processed bread. The hot dog for dinner wasn't very "healthy" either neither were the sour cream and onion chips. I'm at 16.3% body fat as of today from 25% after birth. I normally am around 18-20%. Going for 15% maybe 14... we will see and I got their with not eating anything listed above.... not one darn thing from that list.

That's amazing. :drinker:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about visceral fat vs subcutanous fat? Here's a good article from the Harvard Medical School about that: http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/updates/Abdominal-fat-and-what-to-do-about-it.shtml

It basically says visceral fat deep within the abdomen and around the organs is much more dangerous than subcutanous fat, the kind you can grab with your hand. The recommendations for getting rid of it are basically the same as any scientifically backed diet plan: moderate to intense exercise at least 30 min/day, strength training (but not spot reduction), complex carbs, lean proteins, PUFAs...
  • jchocchip
    jchocchip Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't know about bellly fat killing, but sounds scrummy!
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I found the bolded tip particularly insightful...
    Ok.. HERE IS WHY...

1. Avocados: These little suckers are loaded with two
    nutrients that are KEY to killing belly fat: hungercrushing
    fiber (11 to 17 grams per avocado!), and
    monounsaturated fats, which studies have shown to
    actually “spot reduce” belly fat. Zowie!
    2. Peanut Butter: Okay, not just peanut butter, but
    mostly any seeds and nuts (these are the best):
    pistachios, walnuts, almonds (or almond butter),
    pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and flax seeds.
    Why? They keep you full and satisfied for long
    periods of time, and they’re stuffed with healthy, belly-burning fats and minerals.
    3. Crisco: KIDDING! Just seeing if you were paying attention. That stuff is deadly. Healthy
    oils like olive oil, coconut oil and brand names like Udo’s Oil and Barlean’s Oil (I like the
    swirl flavors) actually help you burn fat by supplying healthy oils your body needs to burn
    body blubber.
    4. These Veggies: I’ve got to thank my buddy Mike Geary for this one. Turns out certain
    vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kale, and cabbage contain
    special phytonutrients, such as indole-3-carbinol (I3C), which help to fight against
    environmental estrogens that can add belly fat. Mom was right…eat your veggies!
    5. Omelets: Eggs aren’t bad, they’re nutrient-dense and loaded with belly-burning protein,
    vitamins B6, B12, A, D, E, and K, folate, choline, lutein, calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc,
    and omega-3 fatty acids. Plus, they keep you full for long periods of time. Choose eggs
    that come from free-range chickens. You’ll get more healthy nutrients.
    6. Dark Chocolate: That is not a typo. Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants (nearly
    eight times the number found in strawberries) and it contains stimulants that can have a
    positive effect on fat burning, including theobromine and caffeine. It also contains a nice
    dose of oleic acid, which is a monounsaturated fat. Make sure to choose the 78% or
    higher cocoa levels for best results.
    7. Oatmeal: Packed with fiber and whole-grain goodness, you can’t go wrong. Just be sure
    to avoid the processed, high-sugar junk out there and stick to slow-cook oats. Add a dash
    of cinnamon, some walnuts, berries, and a natural sweetener to taste. BAM! Good stuff.
    11 Get The Complete Belly Fat Free Program at BellyFatFree.com/quicktips/
    8. Green Tea: Not only does it contain a potent antioxidant, many scientific studies have
    linked green tea to increased fat burning, including a report in the American Journal of
    Clinical Nutrition that found green tea extract boosted the daytime metabolism of test
    subjects by 35- 43%.
    9. Beans: Black beans, navy beans, refried beans, and lima beans all have 6 or more grams
    of fiber per ½ cup. Fiber can clean your system of pounds of “toxic waste” and reduce
    your belly bulge in a big way. (See “Sneaky Trick #5” for details.)
    10. Berries: Strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are loaded with fiber (which slows
    sugar absorption), and they’re packed with vitamins that can fight cravings (cravings can
    come from vitamin deficiencies).
    11. Cinnamon: Researchers have found that cinnamon contains a type of antioxidant that
    increases insulin sensitivity and effectively helps to stabilize blood sugar. Bottom line…
    you’ll store less belly fat.
    12. Chili Peppers: Studies have shown that the active ingredient in chili peppers and powder,
    something called capsaicin, increases calorie-burning, stabilizes blood sugar levels (which
    decreases fat storage), and is a potent antioxidant. Add some of this “spice” to your life.
    13. Yogurt: Most regular yogurt is bad for your belly. It’s loaded with belly-bulging sugar (real
    or artificial) that you want to avoid it. However, Greek yogurts like Stoneyfield Farms Oikos
    Greek Yogurt (plain) are loaded with probiotics that fight belly bulge. (See “Sneaky Trick
    #6.”)
    14. Wild Salmon: Hands-down one of the best belly-blasting foods because of its protein and
    high omega-3 fatty acid content. This is like a “double shotgun approach” to killing belly
    fat. Many people are deficient in omega-3s and when they add them to their diet the fat
    can really start coming off.
    15. Giant Turkey Legs: You got me. I’m pulling your leg. (Get it?) I’m not just talking about
    turkey meat (white preferred), but any lean protein source is a good belly-blasting food.
    This includes wild salmon, free-range chicken, whey protein powders, and most especially
    grass-fed beef because it contains natural CLA—a fat that studies have actually shown to
    burn fat. The interesting thing about protein is your body will burn off as much as 30% of
    its calories after you eat it. Read the next trick for details…
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Individual food items are not lipolytic by themselves.
    Exactly. You can't spot reduce by any particular exercise or any particular food. There's no magic pill.
    Brb taking Androst-3,5-dien-7,17-dione and getting rid of belly fat without eating in a caloric deficit
    LOL! :bigsmile:
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    In addition to several other foods, I have been eating plenty of everything on that list above (except yogurt...cutting back on dairy for lactose) and I have been impressed with my weight loss.

I did not choose the items from any list but simply because they are natural, healthy foods and I enjoy them. Also, I've increased my exercise substantially over the past few months. Altogether I have lost about 64 pounds.

I do not believe they "spot-burn" fat but I do believe they certainly contribute to overall health and well-being. They give you the energy you need to physically burn the fat off your body.
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options

I don't think Dr. Oz has published anything in the New England Journal of Medicine or any other scientific journal. He is a TV entertainer and huckster of products for which he earns a profit. I'm asking about genuine scientific studies. You know, science. . . that involves valid experiments with large groups of people with control groups and published results.

NOT true at all! Dr. Oz has published many studies that medical students must study before he was ever even seen on Oprah let alone his own show. I heard about him from my friend while she was in medical school.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options

.... not that i would recommend this for anyone (low carb doesn't work for me) but it goes to show you its calories in and calories out. AND a good freakin workout!

First, Most if not everyone knows it doesn't matter how "healthy" your diet is, if you are eating 3000 cals and expending 2000, u r going to get fat. I wish you Cal in Cal out guys would stop throwing this strawman up, reminds me of the dolts that keep getting their panties in a wad over the statement of muscle weighs more than fat. You can eat nothing but twinkies and lose weight if you are in a cal deficit, but most people would not consider that healthy, you may.

Second how much exercise do you get? It's pretty well known that exercise can cover up many sins in your diet. I contend eating "junk" food will catch up with you sooner or later, no mater how well you control your weight. You may not believe this, that is on you.

Can I pick the dance style? :)