56, 5'4", 165 lb.....and losing!

Options
I started out at 170 lbs on July 10....slow but steady is my motto. I'm also looking to make a permanent lifestyle change in the process. No more losing weight to simply gain it back....and then some. This time I want to lose this weight for ME. not for my husband, not for the attention I might get. This time it's for quality of life, personal enjoyment, health.

If you can relate, please share your experience, strength and hope. Let's travel this road together.

Replies

• ncbill
    ncbill Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    good gosh your as tall as I am :) Though I haven't lost too much weight I feel so much better exercising about 4 days a week and I was pretty active before dieting (hiking/camping/canoeing) about 6 days a month, so I hope that you throw some exercise in there with the diet too. I also know what it's like to struggle with weight My dad is way bigger than me as was my uncle, and it seems like that is an easy path to follow. Don't get discouraged if you plateau, and hopefully your husband will appreciate some of your new found vitality.