300? Never again!

Options
I have been trying to decide if I should post this or not, because I've not been such a great example the last couple of weeks. But, I'm posting because of that. Because I've been feeling blue over the weekend and need to remind myself that it's a new day, and I didn't do anything wrong.

I'm under the 300 pound mark. And almost 10 pounds under!! I started at 327.5. I'm now 293.2! That's huge for me. The last time I was under 300, was two years ago, when I hurt my back and was laid up in bed for a month and a half. I was on so much pain medication that I couldn't eat. When I weighed, I was 299. As soon as I was able to walk again, I gained it right back. But never again. I have to hold myself accountable and watch what goes into my mouth. I think about food before I eat it now, instead of just eating it and regretting it later (most of the time, anyway!)

Yesterday, hubs asked me how many cals were in something randomly in the store, and I was able to tell him without even thinking about it. That's how my mind goes now. I think in numbers and quantities.

I'm really proud that I'm finally under that 300 pound mark, and I'm going to work my hardest to never be above it again, and to keep losing until I hit my goal.

Thank you all so much for supporting me and keeping me motivated. Without this site, I don't think I could have done it. :)

Replies

• eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic accomplishment! Congrats!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Soooo cool dragonfly81 ! You ought to feel proud!! Hang in there and be disciplined one more day, yes you can do this!! Best wishes to ya!!
  • haley4tn
    haley4tn Posts: 130
    Options
    WTG :flowerforyou: Fantastic!

I know what you mean about the grocery store and numbers. I blogged about it, it's like numbers are floating up above everything and my kids are evening picking up stuff going "mom it's got. (number) of calories, can you have it". They are trying to help.

Just remember small steps. Good luck!
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Great job dragonfly! I do that too at the market, seeing things in numbers more than "Oooo that looks good."

And great job Haley getting your kids in on it. They may not quite understand now.. but they'll always remember your journey. Hopefully it will inspire them to live healthy lives. My lifestyle was influenced by the VERY unhealthy lives around me and I never learned the keys to living healthy (Besides the.. "You need to eat more vegetables. But sure, have that 10 oz steak dripping with fat and those mashed potatoes") I think it's incredibly important to teach your kids healthy habits as they grow, so it's that much easier to keep up with them when they're making their own choices.
  • Ssirclesgirl
    Ssirclesgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wahooooo You should be proud! Its all about retraining ourselves to make better choices.
    You rock dragonfly81!
  • allie5199
    allie5199 Posts: 240
    Options
    That is amazing!! Wonderful job!!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    You are well on your way... congrats! You can do it!!
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    You may not have been that great the past few weeks but you've lost 34 lbs!!!!!!!!! That's amazing!:drinker: :drinker: It's such an inspiration, I'm trying to lose a total of 43 and I've lost 11 so far I'm almost out of the obese Category! I think you are doing a great job! You can do this!!!! You've come so far!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    You are doing fantastic! Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be at your goal weight in no time! :drinker:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    congratulations! that's excellent!!

and here's to more successes! :flowerforyou:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) And you're all right, I just have to keep remember to put one foot in the front of the other and keep on truckin'.

:flowerforyou: for all of you!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    You've done great so far. And remember just cuz u haven't done well lately, doesn't mean u are a failure. Failure is not falling down, but staying down!

best of luck. :flowerforyou:
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    "There is no shame in failure -- only in quitting" (fortune cookie I have posted here at my computer for MORE motivation). Blessings!

I have lost 20 pounds and my 2nd goal is to lose 10 more by my birthday (2 March 2010). :bigsmile:

Eva
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you !!!! THat is great. That is one of my biggest little goals I want right now...To be back in the 200's. I am sitting at 303 right now, and i want to soo bad be under 300, I am hoping by halloween that I am hoping to bee under 300

You lost over 30lbs ...that is awsome...way to go
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great!
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    WOW. What an accomplishment so far!!:smile:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    good for you, keep it up and soon you will be posting that you are under 200! :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!