Bad Weekend... Feeling unmotivated.

Options
I just turned 29 on Sunday and I would like to like to reach my goal weight by 30. I was doing well before my birthday and since eating somewhat unhealthy over the festivities, I am having a hard time getting back on track. Many people on my friends list don't even get online any longer and it hard to keep up the motivation. Bummed...

Replies

• mirandamayhem
    Options
    I didn't hit my goal at 30, was gutted. I know it's just a day you set yourself, but if it's a goal you really want to achieve, then you will find that motivation. I'm 33 now, spent the last 4 years big after a small dalliance of being slim. But for me, I don't want to hit 40 fat and frumpy.

Add some new friends, take in post after post on MFP, get some healthy food in your cupboards and come join the fun! xxxx
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    I've just had a slip weekend and put on a pound in weight, but yesterday went on a country walk 11 miles and this morning one and a quarter pounds lighter.

At times i feel as though I'm on a roller coaster i've been hovering around 14 stone (196 lbs) mark for the last month but slowly its comming off.

Good luck on the journey

:drinker:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I just turned 29 on Sunday and I would like to like to reach my goal weight by 30. I was doing well before my birthday and since eating somewhat unhealthy over the festivities, I am having a hard time getting back on track. Many people on my friends list don't even get online any longer and it hard to keep up the motivation. Bummed...

Thats your issue right there.....its not anyone elses job to motivate you, its YOURS! No-one else can do this for you, and if you cant do it without a pat on the back constantly then you need to re-evaluate. You are the one doing this,you need to be your own support x
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Many people on my friends list don't even get online any longer and it hard to keep up the motivation.

You need some new friends.. :flowerforyou:
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    most weekends are bad for me, I have learnt to workout with a hangover to keep it real...
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    how bad do you want this? add new friends -DONT GIVE UP:smile:
  • momtokx2
    momtokx2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Thats your issue right there.....its not anyone elses job to motivate you, its YOURS! No-one else can do this for you, and if you cant do it without a pat on the back constantly then you need to re-evaluate. You are the one doing this,you need to be your own support x

Exactly you need to believe in yourself and look to yourself to motivate. Sure it's fun to have others cheer you on but you need to be your number 1 cheerleader.
    With that said don't give up you can do it!!!!
  • Ninnyninball
    Ninnyninball Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat - had a bad week last week and put 2lbs back on :(

but I'm over it and back on track now :)

I'm 29 and heading to Vegas in December just befroe i turn 30 and would LOVE to be at my goal by then (155lbs) :drinker:

Best of luck with it all :flowerforyou:
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    1. Log your foods every day - don't skip days, or parts of your day. log everything!
    2. Analyze each day - see where it went good and where it went bad - too much fat? maybe too many carbs? over the calorie limit? Identify and plan how to correct it for tomorrow.
    3. Reach out to the community with questions or advice needs.
    4. Build a network of friends here!
    5. Above all, do not believe everything you read here. There is a lot of great advice, but also some misleading and hype type advice. Part of getting fit is educating yourself in aspects of health and fitness. Make sure any questionable advice is looked at with a scientific eye and look for facts, evidence, and most importantly real world proof.
    6. You are more than a number. Sometimes the scale may not say what you hoped - thats fine. weight loss is not a straight line declination. Its a bumpy line that drops over time. Don't let single day numbers get your focus away from term based results.
    7. Vary your exercises. Your body forms memories and can slow down how it burns fat and builds muscles. Keep it confused! Hit it hard with cardio styles. Build lean muscle to burn even more fat.
    8. and above all - take your photo now! You will want to look back and have a starting BEFORE picture to proudly display along with your series of PRESENT or CURRENT photos during your transformation and continued lifestyle of fitness.
  • JuliaSchumacher
    Options
    I really appreciate all of the advice. I would like to specify that I do motivate myself :) However, it is nice to know that you aren't alone. I do know how difficult life can be when you rely on everyone except yourself. That is how I think I probably got here. Everyone's advice has been awesome so far. Thanks!!!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Keep on keepin on, you'll get to where you want to be :)
  • 1Tim4v8
    1Tim4v8 Posts: 47
    Options
    I lost 30 and was surprised how long it took for me to gain it back lol, It took me one month to lose it and about 6 months to put 20 of it back on, so don't get discoriged I am sure you didn't do much damege, just keep plugging away, and I wouldn't look at your goal as before 30 I would look at it as in your 30's, like you want your 30's to be better then your 20s, that way you don't get stressed about it, YOU GOT THIS =)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    weekends are my time to do whatever i want, i stay hard and focused all week and even do some doubles, but weekends i let totally loose! It works for me!