I want to have such a nice lunch today

Options
2»

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I really like the M&S super whole foods salad, it's got quinoa and other grains, blueberries and mango in it and I usually get their brown rice sushi to go on the side but then again you could get even better sushi from itsu :)

elcollins24, I recommend that you do NOT eat quinoa - I can guarantee that you will not like it.

But I cannot comment on brown rice.

Quinoa is delicious, as is brown rice. :)
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I really like the M&S super whole foods salad, it's got quinoa and other grains, blueberries and mango in it and I usually get their brown rice sushi to go on the side but then again you could get even better sushi from itsu :)

elcollins24, I recommend that you do NOT eat quinoa - I can guarantee that you will not like it.

But I cannot comment on brown rice.

Quinoa is delicious, as is brown rice. :)

It makes my teeth furry
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    Quinoa is awful. I had a bag in my cupboard for months and cooked some the other day. Its slimy and it looks like tadpoles with their little curly tails. Straight in the bin. Much prefer bulgur swheat.
    Thats my opinion anyway. You might like it though.
  • KaydeForce
    KaydeForce Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest to bring something to eat for lunch. All the fast-food places suggested above sell highly processed food which is also high in protein (and usually - with exceptions - high in calories).
    I try to bring a cold lunch to work (salads, fruit, sometimes a homemade treat like a muffin, or wraps with tons of veggies and turkey, smoothies etc.)
  • MaudeBeige
    MaudeBeige Posts: 282
    Options
    Quinoa is awful. I had a bag in my cupboard for months and cooked some the other day. Its slimy and it looks like tadpoles with their little curly tails. Straight in the bin. Much prefer bulgur swheat.

Reminds me more of budgie poo but that aside, it's not bad! :laugh:
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

If your quinoa was slimy, you did not prepare it correctly. Not quinoa's fault. It is delicious.

OP, if you haven't tried quinoa, try it.
  • ayshamc
    ayshamc Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Itsu Frozen Yoghurt is YUMM!! And quiet low calorie if you steer clear of the yummy caramel and nutty sauces!

I like the sound of the Salmon and Tuna Tartare as well...haven't seen this in our local Itsu!

(and just for the record, Quinoa is YUM - have never tried making it myself though and yes, it does look like Budgie Poo! :laugh: )
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You would HATEEEEEEEEEEEE quinoa

I'll give you some next time you come round
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options

If your quinoa was slimy, you did not prepare it correctly. Not quinoa's fault. It is delicious.

OP, if you haven't tried quinoa, try it.

I followed the instructions on the packet to the letter because i have heard you need to cook it in a certain way.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Itsu Slamon and tuna tartare salad and a fruit fix frozen yoghurt, all comes to 302 cals, in fact I want that now but there's not one near my work :O(

I found and tried the fruitfix frozen yoghurt - so nice! I didn't have the tartare, but I had the duck and pomegranate salad sandwich thing they do. That was good :)