upped my calories, how long before my scale moves??? help??

Options
I used to net 350 to 500 calories at the end of my day and I finally got my calories up to 1200-1400 at the end of the day :) I was just wondering if anyone knows if my weight will drop a little every week now?I exercise faithfully everyday and I am even seeing some of my abs beginning to form...lol But I am staying a steady 175. Any help or advice would be great!! Thank you for taking the time to read :)

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Wish I knew! I tried it for 5 weeks and only saw scales moving uowards. Now back to 1200 and hoping to lose it back again :angry:
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    How long were you netting so low? I am guessing it will take time to undo the damage you might've done to your metabolism. Don't expect instant gratification, you will only disappoint yourself more. Instead, think of how much healthier you will be by getting proper nutrition into your body.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    From my experience, I would suggest to eat a day off plan... or flex calories..but I don't buy into this eat more stuff. I did that..kept my calories at 1500 to 1600 on spark people.. I was on that for months and only lost four pounds in the end. it was crazy and it zapped me of all my will power. Now that I'm at 1200 and low carb on here...it is working for me.

When I did hit a plateau last year when I lost 30 pounds? it was eating a home cooked meal off plan then getting back on my diet that made the scale move.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    If abs are beginning to form, that means fat loss. The ab muscles do not gain in significant size compared to other muscles.

If you are noticing physique differences, it is mostly because of fat loss. So, if your muscles are becoming slightly larger, they may match the rate at which your fat comes off. Thus simulating a plateau.

Additionally, you failed to mention how long you've been at this plateau.

There are many factors that can be stalling you right now. I'd have to have a more in depth conversation with you to pin point them down.