Breakfast

Options
My breakfast is the same every morning - 2 Weetabix, 100ml skimmed milk and a cuppa. It's getting boring! What do you eat before work?

Replies

• smaschin
    smaschin Posts: 91
    Options
    My breakfast is the same every morning - 2 Weetabix, 100ml skimmed milk and a cuppa. It's getting boring! What do you eat before work?

A typical morning is get up about 5am ish, have a coffee and some water (dont always bother with coffee, wait for first bowel movement (usually 20 mins after awaking) head out door at about 0530hrs for a run, return to 2 eggs, oatmeal and fruit juice. i vary the egg recipes but try to stick with my oatmeal
  • ITS_MY_CHOICE
    ITS_MY_CHOICE Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    2 toast with a boiled egg.

oats with apple and cinnamon.

Raisin toast

Toasted cheese and tomato sandwich.
  • Maudy16
    Maudy16 Posts: 36
    Options
    I sometimes have 2 slices of 400g wholmeal bread with slices of a medium banana on, or if you have time poached eggs on toast.

My favourite has to be oz of fruit and fibre with banana slices (again) with semi skimmed milk.

I do find breaksfast the most difficult meal.
  • suej20
    suej20 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have porridge, bran flakes and no added sugar Alpen on a rotation to stop the boredom. Occassionally I'll do poached eggs. I have found that by varying my food I lose more weight.
  • clouxles
    clouxles Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    1) Egg Egg white home fries Tomato
    2) Fruit & Yogurt
    3) Cereal & Milk usually steel cut oats
    4) Sometime a muffin or cinnamon bun (depends on the workout that day)

Breakfast is important!
  • jaim30
    jaim30 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Plain oatmeal with fresh blueberries and brown sugar splenda
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    bran flakes and milk ... however been reading those womans magazine that recommends toast ith peanut butter!
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    porridge made with water/spoon honey/blueberries/banana/cup of tea that after workout can eat before
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is pretty much the same each morning too, usually 1 Warburtons Sandwich thin, and a soft boiled egg. Occasionally I'll have porridge, or toast and Marmite, or toast and marmalade.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Today I'm having a bowl of Cheerios with milk.

Yesterday I had a thin bagel with lite cream cheese.

Sometimes I have a bowl of oatmeal and some fruit.
  • sazzydee1
    sazzydee1 Posts: 55
    Options
    Poached egg on toast, no butter, and a cup of tea - yum!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Coffee and FF Half and half
    Water
    Greek Yogurt - vanilla
    Oat Bran = two tablespoons
    Psyllium husks - one tablespoon
    Ground Cinnamon - one tablespoon
    1/2 Cup fresh Blueberries.

I will take two hard boiled eggs as my 10 am snack today.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I've started doing over night oats. Put oats in a tub just cover with milk add berries. Leave in fridge overnight and enjoy cold in the morning. I thought this sounded awful but it's actually really nice. I keep my carbs low but these are good crabs and they fuel my day x
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    toast with boiled egg, coffee, actimel, glass of water

or

oats so easy, coffee, actimel, glass of water.:drinker:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I also will eat the same breakfast every day. It consists of cereal with almond milk and 1/2 grapefruit.
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I get up are 5am and usually fix a cup of coffee :drinker:
    Herbalife Meal Shakes with different fruits in the morning.
    I sometimes have a bagel with cream cheese, bowl of cereal, yoguart. oatmeal and a protien bar once in awhile when I am running late..LOL I try to change it everyday,There are days I have the same old thing..
  • kranch25
    kranch25 Posts: 27
    Options
    I rotate between a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats, a bowl of Raisin Bran, and 3 scrambled eggs with 3 slices of bacon. (the eggs and bacon have the least calories of the three)
    I used to eat toast like it was going out of style, but no longer do.
    In fact, I used to never eat breakfast, but since starting the weight loss, and tracking calories, I eat breakfast everyday, and try to stay between 400-500 calories.
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    Always something egg based. Omelette, boiled or scrambled with mushrooms, spinach ans sometimes with a food doctor multiseed pitta bread.
  • cosmoholic
    cosmoholic Posts: 23
    Options
    I start work at 7am and so always eat at work. I'll have my coffee on the way in, and then typically one of the following:

- instant oatmeal with some kind of fruit
    - yogourt, berries, and granola
    - Apple cinnamon pita break, toasted with 1 Tbsp of PB (sooo yummy)
  • deanna_bond
    deanna_bond Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    oh the eggs sound good :)