Stupidest fight you've ever had with your SO

Options
12346»

Replies

• LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My Birthday cake... he ate the last piece while I was at work daydreaming about coming home to have it with a nice hot cup of tea. To this day, almost 13 years later, he always leaves the last piece and we split it.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Way back when my husband and I had only been dating for a few weeks we got into a fight over a hypothetical threesome. It started out as one of those random questions "If you could have a threesome with anyone who would it be" .... usually expecting someone to say "Brad Pitt" or "Pamela Anderson" ...well you get my point...and then somehow that turned into "who would you pick in real life"...and that turned into "well if you want to **** them, then go **** them"....and that turned into "how did this even start?"....and we've been together since 2005, and have learned that we cannot play with hypothetical situations. :laugh:
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    I find it seriously hard to believe that people are saying that they dont ever disagree in a long term relationship with their SO. Are you seriously saying that in 5 or 10 or 20 years you have never disagreed? Not a yelling, screaming, embarassing the kids kind of argument.....but you have never had a silly argument or disagreement? I dont buy that whatsoever. No matter how perfect your relationship might be, disagreements and arguments are not only normal but I think healthy.
    I agree!
  • Ashykins
    Ashykins Posts: 233
    Options
    over how much waitress make, whether they make minimum wage or get paid lower b/c they receive tips. lol
  • HisPixie
    HisPixie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    (1) How to apply tinsel to a two-foot tall fake Christmas tree.

(2) Where to put a comma in a sequence of items.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options

To be fair on the second argument, my husband and I went to the same school district and we were told 2 different ways to place a comma in a list. Now I just, throw, commas, in, willynilly.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Over whether black is the absence of all pigment or all pigment. I said it was all pigment (and was RIGHT).
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    We like to fight about who's turn it is to shut of the lights. It's more of a play fight, but we don't have many real fights these days.
  • SherriLibrarian
    Options

To be fair on the second argument, my husband and I went to the same school district and we were told 2 different ways to place a comma in a list. Now I just, throw, commas, in, willynilly.

That's funny. I taught high school English and high school journalism. The comma rules are different, depending which style guide you follow. The AP Style Book used in journalism uses fewer commas. So, you were both right!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Where the *BLEEP* the pile of shoes should go O_o

Dishes, I do them and "I am showing her up"

Laundry, I do it and "I'm showing her up".
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Celebrating 20 year anniversary on 8/15. Can honestly say we have never had a fight. Stupid or otherwise.

seriously?

congrats. for real. didn't think that was possible. I mean.. not even over the last piece of pizza?

I don't fight with my husband either. We're both really low key.
  • ccdog812
    ccdog812 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

Now I just, throw, commas, in, willynilly.

HAHAHAHA LOL
    on a second note we have plenty of stupid fights... mainly on the what ifs. Like when our son is older and does something what we would do.... or like if our dog bites someone what will go down (never has before). So many of the arguements are about something that might not even ever happen but if they do we learned that 90% of them will end in divorce ;)

ohhh and one of the biggest... I am a little paranoid/anxious about things so I will ask like a lot of questions (which to defend him probably can get a little annoying).... but he will always answer with "what do you think" puts me over the edge.... just say yes or no!! if I knew I wouldn't be asking!!