In A Slump!!!

Options
I hate that I have to write this, but I do. I am in such a slump. :explode: It's been about a month now. I was doing excellent with my eating, fitness and weight loss. Now, it seems to have all gone down the drain. I want SO badly to get back on track, but I just can't seem to. Any suggestions anyone? I am just so upset with myself, but can't seem to do anything about it.

I feel like this happens every fall, but I REALLY don't want it to continue this year!!!

Replies

• swissdutchess
    Options
    me, too! and i mess up and think, i'll just do better tomorrow, and then i end up messing up again. We've just gotta put our minds to it and practice our will power and self control. We know what we need to do, we just need to do it!!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    do it, do it do it... I was in a slump all the month of september and now I am suffering the consequence. I gained 13 pounds!
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    As one coming back on, please don't be too hard on yourself. You're a wife and a mother of three...and that takes time, energy, cheerleading, time-management, and a host of other life coaching skills.

The main thing is while balancing your commitments, to gingerly add what you can with your time and energy remaining. Sometimes, available time allows you to do some simple workouts before everyone wakes up, or later in the evening. Sometimes, you have a 30 min timeslot available that you can go for a jog - the main thing is to be flexible - and not get too caught up in the "I should have done this," or, "I should do that."

90% of this is mental, with 10% maybe being unrealistic expectations; so, I want to encourage you that you can find small amounts of time to build from...just make sure you get plenty of rest, eat proper, keep loving on your family, and the rest will flow ;-)

Thanks for reaching out, thanks for being an encouragement to the team, and keep up the great work (you've lost 18lbs. = That's Great)!!!
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    The only way you can do this is to do it for you. You must take the time and energy you need to do this for yourself. I understand that you may think that's selfish - because you've got so many others to take care of - and that's sure what it looks like. But the irony is that if you spend the time and energy on yourself now it will pay off with tons MORE time and energy to spend on others because you are healthy.

I still see 18 lbs lost - so you're not back to square one. :) You're still ahead of the game. Don't start tomorrow, just start right now. If you were finding the goals too difficult, move your goals back to 1 lbs or .5 lbs a week. You'd still be making progress, moving in the right direction, but the program will be a lot easier to stick with. Then when you can do that you can consider moving your goals up again.

You are worth this. The time and energy you invest in yourself now will give you great returns.

Rooting and praying for great success in your future, moving far beyond the great success you've had so far!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    sjmay- I get in little slumps like that too. I'm on the brink of one right now because although I've kept up my eating and exercise habits, I've been plateaued for about 2 months!

It looks to me like we have similar weight loss goals. All I can say is don't give up. Sometimes when I get frustrated I have to think about how much better i feel now than when I started and enjoy my new body a bit instead of obsessing over why I'm not losing more!

Best jump start: Go exercise. It will automatically make you feel better and eat better throughout the day.

You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone, SO MUCH, for the encouragement!! It means so much to me. You're right this is about me, and for me, and it is only me that can do something about it!

I am glad (well, kinda) that I am not the only one in this boat. Hopefully together, we can all get back on track.

Oh, and coachlou - thank you so much for your motivation. It's greatly appreciated. But, I do want to let you know, that I'm not NEARLY as busy as a normal mother of 3. Yes, I am a wife, and yes a "mother" of 3...but it is to 1 dog and 2 cats :smile:

Thanks again, everyone. I am hoping that your kind words can help me regain control of myself :flowerforyou: