Long Island and New York

Options
2»

Replies

• TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Grew up in CT & live in NC but spent 4 years @ Hofstra!
  • rdrcpa
    rdrcpa Posts: 8
    Options
    Long Island here...live and work!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    1/2 my life in Queens, a few years in the Bronx, the rest in Westchester.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    How do you like it here as opposed to Maine?

Well i like long island but if i had it my way i would lilve in the city. Maine is a whole other world compared to Long Island.
    Still love going home to Maine. heading to Maine at the end of the month.
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Long Islander here!! Currently live in NC though because on my single mother salary I couldn't afford it any longer. :-(

I graduated from High School in Port Washington and have lived all over the place - W Babylon, Hicksville, Uniondale, Levittown, Bellmore, and Wantagh. Will be back up there at the end of this month to bring my daughter up to start college. She will be attending Hofstra, yeah!! She misses NY too. I will miss her terribly but it will just give me another reason to go back to NY to visit more often!!
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Pequa :) but the everlasting student in me spends the majority of the year in ma
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Currently living in the high panhandle of Texas, but born in Poughkipsee (spelling?, lol I know that's bad right ) and raised throughout most of upstate New York ( we moved alot). Just went home to visit back in June. Miss it horribly!
  • mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Former New Yawker! Born in Queens, grew up in Hicksville, married and moved to eastern LI for about 25yrs. Now living in NC. Just made a trip back to the Island last month, still have one son who lives there. I miss the ocean, seafood, the beautiful east end! Love to visit but wouldn't move back.
  • Njsmami
    Njsmami Posts: 7
    Options
    Brooklyn, NY here!
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    born in queens, raised in bellmore (nassau county), lived in manhattan during college, and now i'm back in bellmore. i spend a fair amount of time up in the catskills with my pops. i would give anything to live in manhattan again, but i stayed there for free as part of a college scholarship and unless i can get another free ride, i doubt i'll be staying there any time soon. so expensive :(

& to the person that loves the LIRR -- are you crazy?!?! i commuted daily during peak hours for about a year after college when i was still working in manhattan, and it drove me almost to the point of suicide more times than i can count! between weather delays, train traffic delays, "suspicious package" delays, "police investigation" delays ... yikes. you must have the patience of a saint!
  • xunleashed
    xunleashed Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ronkonkoma here!
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am in Holbrook... work in Midtown :-)
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options

yikes! what a commute!
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options

yikes! what a commute!

Yeah.... Blah! I don't know what I would do without my portable DVD player on the train!
  • lookatme09
    lookatme09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Born and raise NY. Grew up in Whitestone and live in nassau now. Add me to your friends