Hard to be motiviated - please help :(

Options
Hi guys,

I have been and still am struggling with losing 10 pounds which I gained right after my break up with my ex. I used to have no problem with food, but something happend within the last 2 years...

I think my stress level went down and so I stopped 'losing weight' after we broke up (I know strange)

However now, I want my old body back and I would like to lose 15 pounds all together and it has been a STRUGGLE!!! I can manage to eat between 1500 to 1200 cals per day. My activity is LOW and its hard for me to get up and get moving when the scale is not changing despite my lower calorie intake.

I really want to get down to my 148 -150 lbs days...and not worry about my weight any more. But the weight is just not coming off...

I thought I would vent here as I am unmotivated - any success stories on the same line would help me, will appreciate your support...

Replies

• KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just responded to this same question on amore recent thread - have a look. Good luck
  • anahita84
    anahita84 Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi there where do I see the thread?
  • dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Options
    It sounds like all you need to do is increase your activity level! Try finding some sort of exercise that you enjoy doing. It doesnt have to take up a large portion of your day, and once you get used to it then it just becomes part of your schedule. Good luck!
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    Its tough when you only have 10lbs to lose. Share your diary with someone you add as a friend so you can help each other watch what you are eating. And i agree with the other post up your activity level. Lastly make sure you are not eating anything you are allergic to or your body doesn't tolerate well.
  • smoocat
    smoocat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My wife is a Beachbody coach. Get started on a formal exercise routine with something like "Rockin' Body". I am just finishing the 4-week program, and I went from zero exercise to addiction!!! I am moving on to Power 90 this weekend. It is all about setting aside an hour a day. I do mine @ 5:45 AM before work.

If you sign up at www.wowy.com, my wife (Faith) has a coach # of 176598. Here username is FaithASmith. She can help you find a program that will work for you. She has for me, and I was the biggest skeptic.

Good luck!
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    It sounds like all you need to do is increase your activity level! Try finding some sort of exercise that you enjoy doing. It doesnt have to take up a large portion of your day, and once you get used to it then it just becomes part of your schedule. Good luck!

Activity has a lot to do with keeping it off too. I know you are still in your 20's, but when you get in your 40's you will appriciate having started the habit of exercise now. The idea is to just keep moving. It doesn't have to be in the gym, it can be hiking, biking, swimming, or walking the dog. Just find something you like and when the lbs start coming off you will love your new exercise.