Last weeks lesson learned!

Options
Ok so I started using this site in September and every week I have lost weight. I was doing AWESOME I had lost 13 lbs until last week.

Last week was one of my most hectic weeks every and the scale proves that to me. I did not log at all, my water consumption went out the window and I drank too much!

At work we had a car sale and I was working 7-10 hr days and eating whatever they provided us, chili, pizza, subs, you name it we ate it. I didn't want to drink any of my water b/c the bathrooms were terrible worse than a porta john! After the car sale we went out drinking and ate the best tasting fried appetizer platter EVER! When I wasn't working the car sale we had a wedding to go to with an open bar. They didn't have my drink of choice and I thought I was safe until my family brought in their flasks of jack daniels so here I go again. Had a great time but I am definitely feeling the effects of last week now! I have gained back 4 of the 13 lbs I lost. I am sick, I think I am coming down with either the flu orI was actually pretty happy with that number because I knew that I blew it completely.

Lesson learned: Drink your water, track everything, and don't drink every night for a week :drinker: . It doesn't do you any good :) Now I hope that I can get back on track and remember last week for future hectic weeks. I know they are going to come up and I need to be better prepared for them.

Replies

• rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Stephanie, yep, you learned a valuable lesson. That's good. Everyone makes mistakes, and we all fall off the wagon.

Hopefully the weight you gained is just temporary water bloat or something. I am sure you will be right back on track and things will start to look up!

Good luck
  • lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I completely understand, last week was my anniversary but my husband was sick so we ended up not working out and eating complete crap all week. luckily I only went up to 163 but I feel so run down and icky from the bad food. Cant wait to get back into a normal routine with good food and exercise!
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    What matter is that you are getting back on track. It's a new day!
  • maz123
    maz123 Posts: 63
    Options
    You know what i think 4lbs isnt so bad for eating and drinking like that and that will fall off you once you get back into your normal routine straight away. isnt it amazing how easy it goes on tho. You'll be back next week saying how your down your 13lbs again! go for it girl!
  • JJ48Fan
    JJ48Fan Posts: 50
    Options
    I definitely thought I would gain all 13 lbs back I was glad that I only gained back 4. I tell you what all the food that tasted sooo yummy and all those drinks really wasn't worth it because I feel awful today and yesterday I was sicker than a dog. I am hoping the water today will start to make me feel better.