1/3 Cup Splenda Granular
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon Pepper
1/4 Cup Skim Milk
1/2 Cup Fat Free Mayo
1/4 Cup Buttermilk
1 1/2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
2 1/2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice

Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces (about the size of rice). This is easier if you use a food processor. Combine the Splenda, salt, pepper, milk, mayo, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Add the cabbage, carrots and onion. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Serves: 6 (1 Cup Each)
Per Serving: 61 Calories; trace Fat (6.0% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 365mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. WWP: 1

http://www.aimeesadventures.com/RecipeFiles/SideDishes1/KFCColeSlawClone.html

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    8 Cups Cabbage, grated
    1/4 Cup Carrot, grated
    2 Tablespoons Onion, minced
    1/3 Cup Splenda Granular
    1/2 teaspoon Salt
    1/8 teaspoon Pepper
    1/4 Cup Skim Milk
    1/2 Cup Fat Free Mayo
    1/4 Cup Buttermilk

Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces (about the size of rice). This is easier if you use a food processor. Combine the Splenda, salt, pepper, milk, mayo, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Add the cabbage, carrots and onion. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Per Serving: 61 Calories; trace Fat (6.0% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 365mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. WWP: 1

• auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    8 Cups Cabbage, grated
    1/4 Cup Carrot, grated
    2 Tablespoons Onion, minced
    1/3 Cup Splenda Granular
    1/2 teaspoon Salt
    1/8 teaspoon Pepper
    1/4 Cup Skim Milk
    1/2 Cup Fat Free Mayo
    1/4 Cup Buttermilk

I love coleslaw and salads:smile: But I had tried the Fat Free Mayo once and set the remainder in the frig. the next day the mayo was soupy, this was with an egg salad. I hadn't bought it since. Ever have that problem? Or perhaps they have improved it, it's been awhile.:smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I haven't had that problem.
    Maybe try another brand?

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Coleslaw:love::love:
    I love it with some chicken and a big ol biscuit.
    Thanks for the recipe Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh boy!!! KFC is one of my fav coleslaws!!!! woo hoo....when we ever go there I get all the coleslaws and hubby gets all the potatos and gravy...it works out perfect!!! lol

thanks for the recipe def. gonna try it out!
    hugs,
    ALi
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Very welcome Renee & Ali:happy:

~Joanna:flowerforyou: